Lonestar Stampers (a group of delightful Stampin’ Up! demonstrators I belong to by having the good fortune of being part of Carole Bardin’s downline) hosted an Open House this past weekend to showcase the Sell-a-Bration promotion. We all recommended our customers bring their cameras to take pictures of the beautiful examples, and yet, I was the only demonstrator who either brought her camera or had time to take pictures. Like my customers, I really only intended to take pictures of the project samples but eventually evolved into becoming the event historian. Only, I didn’t do an especially good job because I didn’t capture all of the fun the ensued. Here’s a glimpse.
So . . . what all did we do? Well, . .
- each person who RSVP’d in advance received a small token gift from their demonstrator;
- we had small door-prize drawings every 20 minutes;
- there was an adorable and easy make-and-take that I’ll post more on later;
- there were demonstrations across the floor of the new Simply Sent kits, punch ideas, techniques (like kissing and slider cards);
- someone took home a grand-prize drawing worth +$100;
- we ate delicious snacks;
- Carol Bardin held a question/answer period about the new Starter Kit for want-to-be demonstrators;
- and we had many, many displays of cards and projects that could be made with the Sell-a-Bration promotion stamps.
The cost was free to our customers and a blast for us. We’ll do something similar to it again in August to enjoy the new catalog offerings. If you’re anywhere near the Austin/Round Rock/Pflugerville area, you won’t want to miss it.