Numb

Nursing school prepared me to deliver bad news to patients, it never prepared me to be the recipient of bad news. Yesterday we learned my father-in-law has advanced metastatic liver cancer. Just two months ago he was doing well for a 84 year old man, and today his doctor told us he has one to two weeks of quality life left. He’s the pillar of strength, smiling and offering us comfort when we should be comforting him. We’re just numb.

This is really rough so soon after losing my mother-in-law last Summer and my Mom this past Spring. You know me . . . stamping is what gets me through these rough times. So, you’ll hear from me, just even more sporatically than you already do. Don’t give up on me just yet. I’m numb today, but I’ll revive.

1. Wow … that is tough news to bear. I’ll keep you and your family in my prayers.

2. So sorry to hear the news – my thoughts are with you and your family.

3. So sorry to hear your news. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

4. I am so sadden to hear your news. Please know that we are here for you when you need us. Your father-in-law and family are in my thoughts and prayers.

5. My heart is sad with you. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers over the coming weeks.

6. Corinne says:

Oh Linda…I’m so very sorry….please know that I’m praying for you and your family. I’m just so sorry…

7. I so wish that I could be with you, and help to make your load a bit lighter with my pot roast, or running errands. So even if I can not support you with my hands, please know that I support you with my heart.

8. Linda,
    So sorry to hear this bad news! My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
    Take care of yourself,
    Shawn

9. Tracie Labonté says:

I just lost my father-in-law in January after a very sudden illness. My thoughts and prayers and those of my family are with you and yours – take care of yourself and your husband.

10. I got a lump in my throat just reading this! You — and he — are in my prayers. I know totally what you mean about stamping being a source of comfort. Just know other stampers are sending comforting thoughts your way. – Catherine

11. So sorry to hear the news. I’ll be thinking of you and your family at this tough time.

12. Janet Casto says:

I have never met you, but I go to your blog almost everyday so I feel like I know you. I will be thinking of you and your family during this difficult time. Your time is the only gift you can give your father-in -law right now, so enjoy your time with him and treasure it always. Sincerly, Janet

13. Michelle Pittman says:

Linda,
    I am so sorry to hear you are hit with another family sorrow. You are such a wonderful, cheerful lady I know you try to help others through such hard times, but I really hope you will take time for yourself to take care of yourself – you need comforting as much as all those around you. You are a dear, and will be in my thoughts and prayers.
    Michelle Pittman

14. Michelle Pittman says:

Linda,
    Michelle Pittman

15. #1volunteer says:

Please email me with your email addy. I can’t get it when I try to “Email me”. My heart is with you. Keep your faith.

16. hugs to you. God Bless.

17. Kerilou says:

I am so sorry to hear this sad news. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. Kerilou