Here’s a shout out to Kimberly who tagged me a while back. She tagged some of my very favorite bloggers and a very touching blog by a man whose wife is fighting cystic fibrosis, so I’m honored to join in.
For seven random/weird facts . . . that gives me the excuse to share some things that aren’t really worthy of a full post.
- Tuesday start a new job as a nursing home inspector. That’s a strange job, isn’t it? I’ve been helping regulate nursing homes from a desk, but I miss being with my “patients”. I’m looking forward to being more of a hands-on nurse again, and the best part, being an advocate for senior citizens.
- My adorable twin and I turn 50 in August. She’s the best sister in the world. So, friends, I need your suggestions to help me make it a great birthday for her. One thing’s for sure, she is not going to let me forget I’m turning 50.
- I finally registered my blog address at GoDaddy’s. All that means is that now you can type www.cateredcrop.com to come see me (without the “.typepad.”), and you can e-mail me at email@example.com. Makes me look so hi-tech, doesn’t it?
- I’ve lost 50 pounds since Thanksgiving. Now, to keep it off.
- I had surgery Tuesday that will help me run without running. That’s an odd thing to share on a craft log (TMI?), but one in four women my age have the same problem and think they just have to endure it. I guess I’ll be the poster child for TOT surgery.
- My son, husband and I are running the Lance Armstrong Challenge 2008 in late October as Team MacAttack. It will be my first run with my husband and my second with my son – I’ll be eating their dust I’m sure. We’re starting a new family tradition – the family that runs together . . . rides home in a stinky, sweaty car together!
- I can find every medicinal purpose for chocolate you can imagine . . . I know I got that nursing degree for a good reason.
Here are my taggees.
- Jakie Topa has a new blog, Addicted to Stamping, that’s already packed with great tutorials.
- Lindsey Blackhurst has beautiful work at Stampin with Linz. Check out her adorable glitter card.
- Lynn Larson has posted some great tips for beginning stampers at Learn to Stamp and Scrap with Lynn
- I just discovered Sharon Maranich’s Inkie Fingers. Check out her gorgeous clear card and grid technique.
- You might call Mary Jo Albright “Repunsil” – everything she touches turns to gold at Beauty Lies Within. See what I mean . . . she made this baby carriage out of a $1 Target spot tin.
- And Laura Canale at Wish You were Here will show you how to make a fantastic Longaberger basket out of paper – easy peasy (her words, not mine).
- Tara is a fellow Texan with the most delicious Popsicle cards at Stampalicious.