Honoring our Heroes

StarthoppingCOLOR There's an amazing event going on this Memorial Day weekend for stampers and Heroes. Over at CardsforHeroes.org there's a Blog Hop of 135 paper crafters showcasing cards they've created to send to our troops. If you've never been to the CFH site, you'll definitely want to check it out. The mission of the site is to "support our nation’s armed forces by sending blank greeting cards to write home on, as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them." To date, they've sent 147,875 cards.

I didn't get in on the hop in time to participate, so I thought I'd just pass along another card I made – actually a rerun from this time last year.

IMG_3653

This card uses the spotlight technique with the stamp set, The Free and the Brave. The artifacts in the background are a tribute to my favorite hero, my Dad.

This scrapbook page is one I helped my Mom make ages ago. She said she fell in love with Dad just after he finished his tour of duty. He was nicknamed The Captain on their college campus because, he was, in deed, a Captain when he left active duty. It's a simple page – we just stamped Captain with acrylic paint and stamped Mom's sentiment on twill ribbon. We let Dad's handsome picture and the paper do the rest.
IMG_3654

I hope you all enjoy your Memorial Day weekend and have a chance to pay tribute to our men and women in the armed services in your own way. To those of you in active duty here and abroad – and to your families – I can't thank you enough for the sacrifice you make to keep us safe.

1. Awwwwww thanks so much for diving in!! I’ll get your link added right away. I love your card (spotlight looks AWESOME with that set, going to have to CASE you!) and it’s sweet picturing you and your mom making that page….*sniff*

2. JPScraps says:

Beautiful card…I love reruns;)

3. Great layout. What a handsome man. I love the layers on your card. Nice job

4. the card is fantastic, I really love it, and the pic of your dad is great, what a great photo. I’m sure it’s one your mama is very fond of! Happy hopping!

5. Your card is wonderful, love the spotlight image, and the scrapbook page is just fabulous. Happy Memorial Day to you.

6. Cute Card.. Thanks for Sharing.. Hope you have a safe and Happy Memorial Day weekend.

7. Great card!!!

8. I love your card and thanks for sharing your story.

9. Beautiful card! Thanks for supporting CFH!

10. Paula Mangum says:

Wonderful Card and I love the story about your dad. What a great SB page. TFS and for participating in the hop. Blessings

11. Nancy Maxwell James says:

beautiful card and such a handsome layout of your Dad! :) Thank you for supporting CFH and have a wonderful Memorial Weekend! :)

12. Great card and scrapbook page. Thanks for supporting Cards for Heroes.

13. Your spotlight technique is so unique! I saw tons of this stamp on the hop, but none that were as beautiful as yours! Thanks for sharing!

14. Lynn Spencer says:

thanks for supporting this awesome event. Thank you for supporting our troops. I am a Proud Army Mom!
    I love the layout you helped your Mom make. I have a few pictures of my Dad while he served in the Army, he was killed when I was 20 months old. I don’t know if your family still has the medals your Dad earned while in service. If not the government will replace them one time at no charge to you. I wrote and got my Dads and my BIL’s metals. I am still waiting on the Navy to get my FIL’s to me.

15. Tara Prince says:

Great card! Thanks so much for sharing your story!!

16. Your spotlight technique is gorgeous. So glad you joined in and shared your mom’s beautiful story.

17. You know I love it! Honoring the past and cherishing the memory of what his dedication to his true love and service to our country has helped us to enjoy. Good Job!

18. Awesome tribute page to your dad. Thanks for supporting CFH

19. Chris C. says:

Love your card. Thanks so much for joining in, and sharing your lovely scrapbook page.

20. what a great card!!!! thanks for sharing your story

21. Great card, I love the look of this technique. How wonderful to have spent the time with your mom making the layout of your father, he looks so dapper. Thank you for joining the blog hop

22. Great card and wonderful tribute to your dad. TFS!

23. Clever card! Thanks for supporting CFH.

24. Great card, and beautiful LO. Thanks for sharing in CFH!

25. Great card and memory page!

26. Beautiful card and I LOVE the scrapbook page!
    Day 3 and I am still hopping- I want to see and comment on every blog in this wonderful event!

27. Beautiful card and what a touching tribute to your father. Thank you for sharing your personal story with us.
    Happy Memorial Day.

28. What a great card. And love your layout too. I am also on the Latecomer list of the blog hop.
    Happy Memorial Day.
    M.E.

29. WOW! These are totally gorgeous creations!! I adore your spotlight card!! Thanks for your support!! 😉

30. Thanks for participating in the CFH blog hop! Great card!

31. Darlene says:

Great card and scrapbook page, thank you for sharing both.

32. Beautiful card, and wonderful tribute to your dad! Thanks for joining in our blog hop!

33. Patty Y. says:

what an awesome page to capture the memory and service. Love the card, fabulous spotlight technique. So glad to have you join the cause, even as a latecomer! TFS.

34. Thanks for sharing your story… love your Layout and your card. Bless our troops!

35. Thank you for sharing your story, and for making a great card.
    Thank you for supporting our Troops.