Whoa Nellie – It's only October and you're already getting a Christmas card from the McClains? Well, you know, Christmas cards are too much fun to just make in December.
This card may look familiar – it's my twist on a card on the cover of the Stampin' Up! holiday mini catalog. I thought it would be fun to turn the ornament into a photo card and to hang the ornament from tree branches. I used one of the pictures from our glorious trip to the Grand Tetons last August. Splitcoast Stampers is one of my favorite hangouts for all things related to stamping, especially today and yesterday where all kinds of craziness is going on for World Card Making Day.
I whipped this together today for two challenges, WCMD09E and WCMD09F. For the Verve Stamps Challenge, WCMD09E, we had to choose a flag from all the world's nations and make a card using the colors of that flag. I chose Azerbaijan's colors of red, soft blue and green. Those colors worked well with our picture, and I also learned a little about the country of Azerbaijan. The Magnolia-licious challenge, WCMD09F asked us to include a Christmas ornament in our card. Snap – no problem!
All Stampin' Up! unless otherwise specified:
- Stamp Sets: Sweet Centers, Teeny Tiny Wishes, Peaceful Wishes (retired)
- Cardstock: Real Red Textured, Bashful Blue, Old Olive, Whisper White
- Ink: Real Red Classic Ink, Encore Silver, VersaMark
- Fibers: Jersey Ribbon Originals, Silver Cord
- Miscellaneous: On Board Originals, Martha White Snow Glitter, Button Latte Designer Buttons, Sweet Treat Cups, clear embossing powder
- Tools: EK Success Edger Punch, 1-3/4" Circle Punch
Tip: Stamp your ornament top first, then punch out the circle and attach the Sweet Treat cups. You'll be able to line everything up better that way.