One of my "Vigor and Vim in 2010" goals for the new year is to participate in all the Copic Creations Challenges. I love, love this digital stamp from Mo's Digital Pencil, Boughs for the Wreath, so I knew immediately what I wanted to do for Challenge #18 – Pine Trees/Branches. I took my color inspiration from this amazing card by Linda Heavens. Linda used colored pencils, but, of course, I wanted to tackle it with my Copic markers and the Copic air system Santa brought me (thanks Tom!).
- Copic Markers: I used BG10 and B00 colors with the air system to get the blue sky. Hats and scarf: E04, E09, E0000 with E00, E3, E31. Face: E0000, E00, R81. Boots: W0, W3, W7. Jackets: G99, YG63. Boughs: G28, G24, G21, and a little B29.
- Paper: Basic Grey Fruitcake Marachino Cherry, Archivers ANW Crestwood Bright White Cover, Stampin' Up! Almost Artichoke and Soft Suede cardstock.
- Glitter: Stampendous Crystal Snow, Twinklets Diamond Dust
- Tools: Spellbinders Nestabilities
I followed the instructions in Susan Tierney Cockburn's book, Paper Bouquet to make the pinecone and boughs with the following ingredients:
- Paper Bunch tool kit
- Paper Bunch punhes: small pear, mega fern, and pine bough.
- I air sprayed the punched out branches with G28 and the pinecones with E29.
Onward and forward to the Copic Creations Challenge #19 – Fur!