God grant that I should live to fish
until my dying day.
And when it comes to my last cast
I then most humbly pray,
When in the Lord's safe landing net
I'm peacefully asleep,
That in his mercy I be judged
As big enough to keep.
A Fisherman's Prayer
Anyone who knew my Dad knew he loved to fish. Even more, he loved teaching children how to fish. When I saw Mo's Digital Pencil Too image, Fishing, I knew I would have to play with it. Mo's Digital Pencil Challenge #17 (about wood or would) spurred me on and gave me a deadline.
Mo's image captured my Dad so well. He fished with live bait, often in a small boat just like this in the lakes and ponds around Owen County, Indiana. So, you'll have to indulge me a bit because I can't possibly share this card with you without sharing a few precious pictures of Dad.
In the background, helping my kids wet a hook in his backyard pond.
Captain of our boat . . .
Here are the Copic markers I used for the water and sky with the Copic air system:
And here are the markers I used for the rest of the image:
- Embellishments – Tim Holz Ideology Foliage
- Ink – Copic Markers (see above)
- Paper – Stampin' Up! cardstock: Summer Sun, Not Quite Navy, Basic Black. Neenah Classic Crest Solar White. Karen Foster Fishing Lures.
- Stamps – Mo's Digital Image Fishing
- Tools – EK Success border punch
Love you always, Dad.