We have a skeleton in our family's closet. I know, it's shocking. Try as we do to conceal it, it's true, we have a Sock Stealer! The name will be removed to protect the innocent. (It's Caitlin!) The Sock Stealer takes our socks, leaves them for the puppies to chew, and returns them mismatched and dirty. So, I bought her an adorable pair of socks for her birthday – white with a big ole' pink heart on it. The Sock Stealer said it was too cute for her taste, so I put it in my sock drawer – and she stole it!
Even Sock Stealers deserve a Valentine's Day card. So, I made the Sock Stealer this card for Valentine's Day.
And, here's the inside:
I used the Mojo Monday sketch by Maria Gurnsey, MOJO125.
I won the last challenge for Mo's Digital Pencil Challenge Blog (#17), and got to choose any of Mo's Digital Pencil images as my prize. Oh, my, there are so many great ones to choose from. I picked Hope's Socks to use to enter, yes, the next challenge. Mo's Digital Pencil Challenge #18 asked us to use pink, white and red and to include a heart.
Here are the Copic Markers I used for the outside of the card.
Aren't those little sock charms adorable? I've never done this before, but I ran my Shrinky Dinks sheet through the printer to get Mo's sock image on the Shrinky Dinks. I let it set overnight to dry and then colored it with pencils. (I tried coloring with the Copics, but pencils actually worked better.)
And, finally, I used the Copic Creations Challenge #21, Feather Blending, to blend my baby girl's hair (using E37 and E97).
- Embellishments – Rose Art Shrinky Dinks (and my own, handmade jump rings), Stampendous Red Ultra Fine Jewel Glitter (applied with Crystal Effects)
- Fibers – Stampin' Up! Satin Ribbon Pretty in Pink
- Ink – Copic Markers (see above)
- Paper – Stampin' Up! cardstock: Real Red, Pink Pirouette, Whisper White. Neenah Classic Crest Solar White. ki memories Heartbeat Loving
- Stamps – Mo's Digital Image Hope's Socks
- Tools – Stampin' Up! Label Punch, computer font, Cuttlebug Embossing Folder, Nestabilities Classic Scalloped Circles Large and Standard Circles Large.