Have a Nice Day.
Can you tell I'm ready for Spring?! That backdrop is an old metal picnic basket my folks kept. We mostly used it for church pitch-ins, but it still makes me think of a fun spring picnic.
This adorable stamp is from Penny Black's Micey Day collection. The sentiment from the collection (and that I put inside my card) is "Have a Micey Day." Every time I hear "Have a nice day," I think of Forest Gump – running across American and wiping his muddy face on a yellow tee-shirt. You know the scene . . .
I loved this weeks inspiration for the Cupcake Inspiration Challenge #48. Yummers! The Pink Elephant Color Challenge this week (TPE56) asked us to add Green to our layouts – oooo, St. Patty's Day is around the corner, we gotta celebrate that!
I cut out the little sunflowers and popped them up with Stampin' Dimensions, added flocking to the center, and colored them with the Spica pen to give them sparkle.
Tip – In case you haven't already noticed, I love, love adding fabric to my projects. The "ribbon" on the card is just a torn piece of gingham fabric. You can get tons of "ribbon" out of just a 1/4 yard of gingham – for about $1.00. What a deal. I keep the basic colors on hand, red, yellow and black.
Here are the Copic Markers I used and the rest of the recipe:
- Embellishments – Cosmo Cricket Garden Variety Buttons, charm from watchus.com
- Fibers – Gingham fabric scraps, DMC embroidery floss
- Ink – Copic Markers (see above), Memento Tuxedo Black, Spica Buttermilk Pen
- Paper – Neenah. Stampin' up! Kraft, Cosmo Cricket Garden Variety Mini Deck
- Stamps – Penny Black Micey Day
- Tools – Nestabilities Long Rectangle Large, Long Scallop Rectangle Large
- Miscellaneous – Doodlebug Velvet Flock
If you'd like to see another adorable card with this stamp set, hop over to Crafty Little Pigtails, here. Krista's coloring is Gor-Jus!
Hope you have a very micey nice day.