See, how she leans her cheek upon her hand!
O that I were a glove upon that hand,
That I might touch that cheek!
My Tom had has the most wonderful cheeks. Nice, pudgy, gotta-pinch-them, cheeks. He hates them. He says no matter how much weight he looses he still has this round face. I love his cheeks – they make the greatest smiles.
So, Nice Cheeks had a birthday last week. He was out of town, and I was up to my ears at work. Even as he walked in the door I was putting the finishing touches on his Double Nickle birthday card. He smiled (swoon, those cheeks again), and maybe even giggled.
Check out the inside (before I signed it and wrote something naughty you do NOT get to see).
Over at Mo's Digital Pencil Challenge Cathy's got a fun, fun challenge for you all this week she'll reveal tomorrow. Can you guess what it is by looking at my card? Ah, only time (just a few hours) will tell.
This week's Card Positioning System sketch (CPS158) jump started my design. Of course, I flipped it over a bit.
You know I LUV cupcakes. I mean, really obsessively love cupcakes. Especially cupcakes with lots of icing and sprinkles. So, I went to town with this icing. I used a 1/8" paint brush to paint on Stampin' Up! Crystal Effects and then sprinkled some Vintage Glass Glitter onto the Crystal Effects before it dried. It's really sparkly and yummy in person.
Oh, and I had fun with those Hamster cheeks. After I colored the hamster with different shades of brown Copic Markers, I added some Stampin' Up! Stampin' Pastels (chalks). Didn't they turn out cute? Here are the Copic Markers I used and the rest of the recipe.
- Embellishments – Stampin' Up! (SU) Button Bouquet
- Fibers – SU Grosgrain ribbon in Mustard, SU Gold Cord, SU Hemp Twine, SU Dotted Grosgrain
- Ink – Copic Markers (see above), Spica Lemon Pen
- Punches – Outside: SU Jewelry Tag, SU Slit, Creative Memories Corner Rounder. Inside: SU 1-1/2" Circle Punch, SU Circle Scallop, EK Success Border Punch, Word Window Punch
- Paper – Neenah. SU Blush Blossom card stock, American Crafts Botanique and LetterBox
- Stamps – Mo's Digital Pencil Birthday Hamster
- Misc. – SU Pretty in Pink and Blush Blossom Stampin' Pastels, SU Crystal Effects, Art Glitter Vintage Glass glitter
Tip – To make the round-tip green shaped tab in my card, I used the Stampin' Up! Slit punch. Cut a strip of paper 5/8" wide and a good 1" to 2" longer than you want your overall tab to be. Insert your strip into the top of the punch and pull it through the bottom so it looks like this. (Tweezers help.)
Be sure to check out all the other great inspiration for this week's challenge at Mo's and Card Positioning Systems. Leave me a message if you decide to play with us so I can see all your fun creations.
Gotta run. Gotta go pinch me some cheeks!