It looks like I took this right out of the archives of Petticoat Junction, from the shelves of Sam Drucker's country store in Pixley. For you youngins, Petticoat Junction was on TV from 1963 to 1970. Yep, it's cornball country, but it's a hoot!
I just discovered a new stamp company, well, at least new to me, DeNami Designs. And, actually, they carry more than just stamps. Their designs are so sweet and understated, I just love 'em. So, I think some glasses broke from my squeals when DeNami sent me some of their stamps, ribbons and Boutique Buttons to play with!
The folks at DeNami describe their signature style as easy elegance and simple sophistication. Yikes, well, my card certainly is not sophisticated (Petticoat Junction?!), but it's still cute, don't you think?
If you click on the pictures to enlarge them, you might see I used pop-ups to bring more dimension to the circle tag and little Moo cow's head. The cow is one of four stamps included in the DeNami's Petit Four farm animals set – so adorable!
The words, "Like No Udder," were just printed off my computer using Times Roman font to match the font in DeNami's LOVE circle stamp.
For inspiration, I went searching for a sketch that would highlight this little image well and found it at this week's Crazy 4 Challenges sketch, C4C30.
Here are the Copic markers I used, and the rest of the recipe.
- Embellishments – DeNami Designs Boutique Buttons, Stampin' Up! eyelets
- Fibers – Stampin' Up! linen and hemp thread; 1-1/2" twill. Torn gingham scraps. I scored the printed twill from a garage sale; I'm sorry I don't know the manufacturer.
- Ink – Memento Tuxedo, Copic Markers (see above)
- Paper – Cosmo Crocket Garden Variety, Neenah Classic Crest Baronial Cardstock. Stampin' Up! Yoyo Yellow and Naturals Ivory Card Stock,
- Stamp: DeNami Designs Petit Four Farm Animals, LOVE Circle
- Punches: Martha Stewart border punch. Stampin' Up! Word Window, 1-3/8" circle, 1" circle, and scallop circle.