I'm having so much fun with this Farm Animal set of stamps from DeNami Designs I can't seem to put them down. Good thing, because my girl needs a baby card for one of her preggo girlfriends. I made magnets to match this card and, with the magic of Basic Grey magnetic snaps, the magnets attach to the card.
Here's the card with one magnet attached.
And here's the card with all three magnets attached.
It's a multi-tasking card! Caitlin's friend can use the magnets to put baby pictures on the refrigerator after the baby comes! Cool, huh?
I wrote a tutorial on how to make these magnets way back in February 2007, here (don't laugh – it was my very first tutorial). And, there's a sequel on how to attach your magnet to your card, here. If you want to try this, just
- Cut out your image with a 1" or 1-1/4" circle punch.
- Attach your image to a flat bottom glass marble with Crystal Lacquer. You can usually find these marbles in the floral section of your craft store.
- Add a positively charged magnet to the back of the flat bottom glass marble.
- Add a negatively charged magnet snap under one of your layers of paper on the card. The trick is just putting the snaps in the right place so the magnet lines up correctly on your card.
I love, love these sweet colors from this week's Embellish Magazine, Stitching/Coloring challenge.
This week's Clearly Inspired Challenge Sketch #10 (CIC10) gave me the perfect sketch for what I wanted to do with this set.
And, finally, here are the Copic markers and the rest of the recipe.
- Embellishments – Heidi Grace decorative pins
- Fibers – DeNami Designs grosgrain ribbon, Stampin' Up! Pretty in Pink gingham ribbon
- Ink – Memento Tuxedo, Copic Markers (see above), Stampin' Up! Pretty in Pink
- Paper – Neenah, Stampin' Up! Welcome Neighbor paper pad, Kraft and Pretty in Pink card stock
- Stamp: DeNami Designs Petit Four Farm Animals, LOVE Circle. Stampin' up! Tiny Tags
- Tools: Stampin' up!/EK Success 1-3/8" circle, 1" circle and jewelry tag punches. Nestabilities Classic Scallop Circles
- Miscellaneous: flat-back glass marbles, Basic Grey magnetic snaps