If you just came from Tricia’s place, welcome to Catered Crop. (Isn’t Tricia amazing?!) If you just joined us, welcome to the Paper Garden Projects Friendly Garden Walk! Take a stroll through the blogs of all the Paper Gardeners, enjoy some friendly inspiration and enter for a chance to win a stamp set from The Greeting Farm.
To play along grab a pencil and follow the links provided throughout the stroll. You may want to start at the beginning, with Cathy’s site, but if you get lost somewhere along the way, the links for all the Gardeners are below. Subscribe to each Gardener’s blog and take note of each designer’s name and their Friendly Word in their blog post. Once you finish your garden tour, you can send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the list of designers and their Friendly Word (like girlfriend).
Everyone who sends the correct list of designers and words will be entered in a random drawing to win a prize. Remember, you need to send an e-mail to the address above; please don’t leave your list as a comment. You will have until midnight (EST) on Tuesday, April 27 to send your list.
So enjoy the garden tour (feel free to bring along a friend!). Here is the Garden Tour guide list:
Here is my friendly inspiration in honor of my adorable sister and girlfriend, Sharon. Sharon is the first girlfriend I call when I have news to share, good or bad. She always has my back and she never gets in my way unless I happen to be going down – then she’s the first to catch me. Most importantly, she knows I’m half-cracked but she still thinks I’m a good egg. Love ya, sis!
But wait, there’s more. There’s a box to go with the card.
And, if you open the lid, there’s something inside.
It’s two little postcards with some of my favorite quotes about friendship.
You know me – besides enjoying the Paper Garden Project theme of Friendship (love my girlfriends) – I lean on fun challenges to help jump start my design. This project was no exception.
- The Spotted Chick (one of my favorite artists) asked us to get krafty and use Kraft paper (That’s Krafty Thursday #23) .
- Double Dutch (DDC#41) asked us to Box it Up using a box template.
- The Sketch and Stash challenge (challenge #33) gave me the perfect sketch, and the perfect opportunity to use up my new stash of Penny Black stamps and Pink Paisley papers.
- Etsy Inspired Challenge (EIC84) asked us to use any of the items sold or for sale in Cose Dolci’s Etsy shop. I choose this felt embellished plate. I like the way Cosi Dolci treated the felt flowers – such a sweet, gentle look. So, I only stuck myself with the needle twice re-learning how to make french knots on my American Crafts flowers.
Here are the Copic Markers I used . . .
And, all together now . . .
Here’s the rest of the recipe with links to where you can find them at Paper Garden Projects.
- Embellishments – Ribbon, buttons and pearly Champagne Dew Droplets from the Hearts Bloom Paper Kit; American Craft Greenhouse felt flowers
- Fibers –Twill tape, ribbon from the Hearts Bloom Paper Kit, DMC embroidery floss
- Ink – Copic Markers (see above), Memento Tuxedo ink pad
- Paper – Neenah, Prism cardstock, Kraft, Pink Paislee double sided patterned paper from the Hearts Bloom Paper Kit
- Stamps: Penny Black Garden Visit and Garden Friends Clear Cling stamp sets.
- Tools: Nestabilities, Coluzzle, and EK Success Scallop Trim Border/Corner punches.
- Misc.: 3D Foam Mounting Adhesive.
So . . . have you figured out what my Friendly Word is for your blog hop prize? It’s girlfriend. So, jot down that Linda’s word is girlfriend and head over now to
where’s she’s giving you step-by-step instructions for a beautiful scrapbook page. Enjoy your garden stroll, and I hope you come back and visit soon.