I perhaps owe having become a painter to flowers.
We've been bustling with activity to get ready for our new house in Waco. We're so excited about it. It was built in 1959 but has been updated with a lot of loving care. Even though we can't move in until after June 25, my Tom and Caitlin spent most of Saturday and Sunday picking out pots and configuring them to make a beautiful fountain for the back yard. It was hard to resist buying a truck-load of flowers, but, with my not-so-green thumb, they would die before I even got them planted. So, I did the next best thing – I made a card.
I knew when I saw this sign at our favorite nursery what I would make this weekend – a card with my new Impression Obsession stamp, Zinnias. Hey, they're 25% off (the Zinnias at my nursery, not the stamp).
My photography skills don't quite do the image justice. I stamped the image on Neenah paper and colored them with my Copic markers (see below). Then, I used a paint brush to apply Crystal Lacquer. Before the lacquer dried, I sprinkled just a little bit of glitter onto the lacquer. Hopefully, the end result is water glistening in the sun.
I didn't quite make the deadline for the Cupcake Inspiration Challenge this past week (CIC60), but I still loved the inspiration. Don't these look yummy?
I almost didn't make the deadline for the Mojo Monday sketch this week. Just under the wire I used the Mojo140 sketch. What a great sketch.
Here are the Copic Markers and the rest of the recipe.
- Embellishments – Oriental Trader Garden Charms, Button from Mom's button jar
- Fibers: Sorry, this was just a scrap of ribbon – I'm not sure where I got it
- Ink – Memento Rich Cocoa; Copics (currently 25% off at Paper Garden Projects)
- Paper – Basic Grey (Kioshi – yummy!); Neenah, Prism
- Stamp: Impression Obsession Zinia E2313
- Tools: EK Success Punch
- Misc.: Sentiment is from computer font, Crystal Lacquer, Stampendous Glitter
I hope you're all enjoying a three-day weekend and the opportunity to honor our service men and women.