Well-behaved women seldom make history.
~ Laura Thatcher Ulrich
Well butter my buns and call me a biscuit! It's another Texas Tuesday and this time I'm on it like cheese on grits. This funky little card celebrates those cowgirls who misbehave and make history.
I had so much fun with this caricature of a card: adding a little ranch dust, some 'snuf in the pocket, and a chain, you know, in case the 'snuf falls out in the saddle.
I found this wonderful Jeans Pants stamp from Judikins at one of my favorite stores, Stamp Salado. Sandy has the best collection ever of Texas-themed stamps, including Deadbeat Designs, Texana Designs, JAM'n Stamps, Granny Heifer Designs – my favs!
If you want to try this, you can . . .
- Stamp Jeans Pants with Faded Jeans Distress Ink on Stampin' Up! Sahara Sand – that will give you the nice well-worn and warm color. Inking the stamp with a brayer helps give you good overall ink coverage on such a large stamp.
- Stamp the image again, and cut out the pockets and belt loops.
- You can then sponge the edges and seams with Walnut Stain and Tea Die Distress Inks. When I'm trying to get a distressed look, I find it helps to use more than one color of ink.
- Cut out your belt and glue it to the waist.
- Attach the belt loops over the belt.
- To make the 'snuf, you can follow this tutorial I did a while back. I just put a small round chipboard piece under my pocket and traced it with my stylus (dry embossed it), hugging the chipboard piece very closely.
- Add a couple of eyelets or brads to the pockets.
- You can also add something to dangle outside the pocket, like a bandana, or chain, like I did. Or, if you want to turn this into a gift, add a gift card or dollar bills.
- Attach the pockets over your chain, gift card, or dollar bills.
So, Darlin's, here's the rest of the recipe:
- Fibers: Stampin' Up! Twill Tape, lace from the fabric aisles of Hobby Lobby
- Ink – Tim Holtz Distress Inks in Faded Jeans, Walnut Stain, and Tea Die
- Paper – Cosmo Cricket Wanted, Stampin' Up! Chocolate Chip and Sahara Sand cardstock
- Stamp: Judikins Jeans Pants
- Tools: Stylus and Brayer
- Embellishments: Tim Holtz idea-olgy Swivel Clasp, Stampin' Up! eyelits
- Misc.: chipboard circle
I've added a list of my Texas Tuesday friends to my sidebar. You can saddle up to their places and see what other fabulous Texas creations they've made for Texas Tuesday. Have fun – and ya'll come back now.