I heard a bird sing in the dark of December
A magical thing and sweet to remember.
We are nearer to Spring than we were in September,'
I heard a bird sing in the dark of December."
~ Oliver Herford
Well, are you ready to snag some good Black Friday deals? For those of you outside the United States, Black Friday is the day following Thanksgiving that marks the beginning of the Christmas shopping season. Folks will line up and stores will open as early as 5:00 AM for what has become the busiest retail shopping day of the year. I may check out some of my favorite on-line stores but I don't think there's anything I want badly enough to brave the crowds.
Good thing for us it's also the fourth Friday of the month, and that means it's time for another Paper Garden Project Fourth Friday challenge. This go-round it's "Tag – You're It." Create a project that's a tag, contains a tag, or could be used as a tag – whatever rocks your world. After you make your rockin' tag, head over to the Paper Garden Project and link us up for a chance to win this adorable Kraftin Kimmie stamp – Clara and the Bird. The rules are simple, and you can find them all at the Paper Garden Project blog. Just be sure to link up your project by December 6. Good Luck.
I took most of my inspiration from this Decoupage Ornament in one of the many Pottery Barn catalogs we get each week. I don't subscribe to a lot of magazines because I just digest all the Pottery Barn catalogs I get every week.
- Fibers – Stampin' Up! (SU) Gold Cord, SU Ribbon Seam Binding
- Glitter – German Glass Glitter, Melissa Frances Mica Flakes
- Ink – Versamark
- Paper – Prism Cardstock, SU Gold Waffle Paper, My Mind's Eye Holly Jolly
- Stamp – Crafty Secret Clear Art Stamps, ""
- Tools – Nestabilities, EK Success 1-3/4" Circle Punch, Tim Holtz Paper Rosette Die
- Embellishments – SU Antique Brads, Bazzill Basics Mini Holly Leaves
- Misc. – Black and Gold Embossing Powder, SU Sweet Treat Cups, Shimmer Mist (Pearl), Crystal Lacquer
Whether or not you're in the part of the world that celebrates Thanksgiving, here's my Thanksgiving wish for you. I hope you enjoyed the parades, the football and the turkey, but most especially, that you're surround this weekend by people you love and that they surround you with love. Among the many blessing I'll count this Thanksgiving will be you dear folks. Thanks for being so wonderfully supportive of me throughout these past years.