A sunbeam to warm you,
A moonbeam to charm you,
A sheltering angel, so nothing can harm you.
This card is for an amazing young paper crafter battling Stage 4 Gastric Cancer. You can offer Katie words of encouragement at her Paper Haven. I heard a rumor that Katie's friend, Jak Heath, is putting together a collection of digital stamps to benefit Katie and her family through Just Inklined. I'll keep you posted.
[Edited to add an update already: Jak wrote me that she's starting the fundraising on Monday, January 10. "I have lots of artists that have donated their time and made digi stamps so everyone that donates £15 (roughly $20) will receive all of the digi's donated. They will get far more in goods value that the £15 donated. They will also get entered into a draw for some pretty good stuff donated by businesses."]
I actually decorated the inside for once.
My family will tell you I took nearly every evening this week to make this card. Nothing seemed adequate for what Katie and her family are going through and I wanted it to be perfect. Well, I don't do perfect very well, and the sewing machine conspired against me. But, I can do sincere. I hope it helps her.
- Paper – Stampin' Up!, Neenah, October Afternoon Thrift Shop and Farm Fresh, Graphic 45 Christmas Past, Cosmo Cricket Material Girl, 7 Gypsies Manresa (Wow, lots of different papers, huh.)
- Stamps – Pure Innocence Cart Full of Friends
- Inks – Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin' Up! Crushed Curry, and Copic Markers
- Tools – Nestabilities
- Embellishments – Black matte button, Stampin' Up! Vintage Trinkets, Red Mircobead
- Fibers – Stampin' Up! Grosgrain ribbon, DMC Embroidery Floss, rickrack ribbon
- Other Mediums – Stampin' Up! Pastels
- Techniques – Sewing, Paper Piecing
I couldn't undertake a challenge like this without some inspiration from, yep, challenges.
- Paper Sundaes: Challenge #50, Something New. Using my new Heather Ellis, Pure Innocence stamp Santa brought me from the My Favorite Things elves.
- Etsy Inspired Challenge (love the concept of this challenge): Muffa's amazing micro-mini crocheted critters for the bunny and bear
- Cupcake Inspiration Challenge: #CIC92 from this inspiration – ahh . . . cupcakes!
- And finally, I used two skethes. For the outside I used this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch #98. For the inside I used the sketch from the new My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club challenges, MFTWSC1.
Dear Katie, sheltering angels and I are pulling for you, love.