The reason women don't play football is because
eleven of them would never wear the same outfit in public.
Did your team win the Superbowl? My Colts got knocked out in the first round, so I just wanted to see a good game, oh and the commercials, and, oh yeah, Superbowl snacks. (Like Joey Tribbiani from Friends says: "Hmm, fried stuff and CHEESE.") This card is a Superbowl-neutral card. No green, black or gold (but just a little Colts blue and white).
I had such an incredible time at the Heirloom Productions Stamping Convention in January visiting vendors I'd never seen before with products I'd never played with before. So much fun! One of them, appropriately enough, was TooMuchFun Rubbertamps, who made this stamp of a folding jacket. Yes, that's a real zipper and the jacket opens. So fun that I made two.
You kind of have to have to see the stamp to get how much fun it is. TooMuchFun RubberStamps sells zippers, 3" hangers, tiny buttons, etc. and other coordinating images. They also have stamps that make folding purses, lunch boxes, tool boxes . . . you get the idea. Oh, listen to me gush. I just really dig this stamp.
Here are some of the fun things I did with it. You can cut out the stamp's zipper and attach a real, 3" separating zipper with red-line tape. The image is so symmetrical, you can stamp it again for the inside and have a reversible jacket with a cowneck sweater inside. Stamp it a third time and use dimensional adhesive to lift up the hood of the sweatshirt and sleeves. Attach embroidery floss for the hood's string.
I made this card for the Hambo Stamps Hoedown. The football bear is a free digital image to kick off Hambo Stamps' new weekly challenges. Oh, and the Bacon Bits (Hambo Design Team, including our own Libby Hickson) have some adorable cards for inspiration. So much creativity – so much bacon!
Here's the rest of the recipe and the Copic markers.
- Cardstock – Neenah, Stampin' Up! Basic Black, Whisper White and Almost Amethyst
- Pattern Paper – Doodlebug Design Winter,
- Stamps – TooMuchFun Rubberstamps Zippered Jacket, Hambo Stamp Football Girl
- Color Mediums – Copic Markers, Stampin' Up! Basic Black and Whisper White Craft Ink
- Tools – sewing machine; EK Success Circle cutter, Cutterbug embossing folder
- Fibers – DMC embroidery floss (black and blanc); Caribbean Baker's Twine
- Embellishments – 3" separating zipper, Keiser Rhinestones, My Mind's Eye button
- Techniques – Paper Piecing, Machine Stitching
- Other – Stampin' Up! Basic Black and Whisper White embossing powder
- Challenges – Hambo Stamps Hoedown, Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge 103
Okay, football fans, only six more months until pre-season football begins. Go Colts!