And they called it puppy love
Oh I guess they’ll never know
how a young heart really feels
and just why i love her so.
~ Paul Anka, 1960
Talk about a challenge . . . My baby girl said I had to make her a birthday card, and the card had to have LOTS of glitter, bright colors, Pillow Pup, and cupcakes. Really, any card for or about my daughter has to have a Pillow Pup. There was never a girl so dedicated to her dog as my daughter, and no dog as crazy (maybe even neurotic) as Pillow for her.
Oh, and since this was a birthday card that would double as a gift card, I got creative with the inside.
The bottom half of the inside of the card is also the bottom half of the outside (the outside was cut a little short). It is covered in glitter. You can use two-sided adhesive sheets to cover the paper and then sprinkle micro-fine transparent glitter over the paper. I popped up the bottom cupcake panel with dimensional strips along just the the sides and bottom, so we could slip a note (and goody) inside. Ah, such a genius I am. This card was really a collaboration of Virgo efficiency (that would be me) and Aquarius brilliance (Caitlin’s minute-by-minute consults).
I was overdue for a card for the current Follow the Recipe (FTR5) challenge and Caitlin said this had to be explicitly for her and not some card for a challenge that, by the way, doubled as her birthday card. Oops, guilty as charged pretty often. So, when she wasn’t looking I did add a few ingredients from the challenge. (Check out the underlined items below, but don’t tell Caitlin.) You’ll see it’s so easy to follow the challenge, you can even be sneaky about it.
- Cardstock – Stampin’ Up! Pink Pirouette and Crushed Curry
- Pattern Paper – Basic Grey Nook and Pantry
- Stamps – Eat Cake Graphics 1063-I Felicia and Sparky
- Ink – Copic markers, Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
- Tools – Square and scallop Nestabilities die cuts, Stampin’ Up! Jewely Tag punch
- Embellishments – DeNami Designs button, Lemondrop Baker’s Twine, Creative Impressions beaded chain
- Techniques – air brushed sky with the Copic air brush system and Copic Marker B00
- Theme/Shapes – love, hearts (check out the Charm Me heart-shaped charm)
- Other – tag with a sentiment (the computer-generated sentiments on the jewelry tags say “Puppy Love” and “Happy Birthday”)
- Miscellaneous – Red Line tape, Be Creative two-sided adhesive sheet, Glitter Ritz Transparent Microfine Glitter
- Challenges – Well, duh, FTR5. Okay, and also Basement Stamper’s Blog Hop, Copic Creations “We’re Cool“
There’s still time for you to join the Catered Crop Follow-the-Recipe Challenge. Oh, and if you’re feeling the Love and use the same “Love” theme, both the Basement Stamper and our sponsor, Stampotique Originals are running Love-ly challenges. It’s a three-fer!
Pillow likes it!