Olive Me, Why not take Olive Me.
Can't you see I'm not good without you . . .
You took the part that once was my heart, so why not take Olive me.
– My apologies to Gerald Marks 1931 classic song
I know, some people learn to knit so they can make practical things like socks and sweaters. Not me . . . I knitted Olives! Hey, and it wasn't easy, either. It took me nearly a half day just to make the first one – well, because I had to get all over the Internet to learn how to knit a round shape with double pointed needles (four at at time!). I made them to go with my Valentine's present to my Tom, a bottle of good Vodka. I'm quite proud of these little Olives. I think maybe my Tom was more impressed with the Vodka – Martinis Tonight!
I hang out at Craft Gossip occasionally, who put me onto "Mary Jane, Midge and Mink's" Olive Tutorial. (Craft Gossip is also responsible for hooking me up with felt cookie making – such enablers.) I was hooked – oops, sorry, bad pun. Beside the wool yarn, and #2 double pointed knitting needles, here's the rest of my recipe:
- Pattern Paper – October Afternoon Farm Fresh
- Stamps – My Favorite Things
- Color Mediums – Memento Black Ink
- Tools – EK Success 1-1/2" circle punch and scallop circle punch, Nestabilities
- Fibers – Baker's Twine, Stampin' Up! linen thread
- Embellishments – DeNami Designs Boutique Buttons (Lime)
I Love DeNami Design images – so sweet! And their packages of Boutique Buttons are a blast to play with – so many shapes and sizes, so little time. The DeNami Design Blog is having a blog hop with a chance for us to join.
Hope you had a great Valentines. Cheers!