Be my little baby bumble bee
(Buzz around, buzz around, keep a-buzzin' 'round)
Bring home all the honey, love, to me
(Little bee, little bee, little bee)
– Music by Henry I. Marshall, lyrics by Stanley Murphy, 1912
I like making cards with a matching gift and I really wanted to make something that would do justice to this gorgeous felt from Benzie Bazaar. So, how about a card with gifts that can be attached right onto the card? Crazy, huh. Stay with me.
It starts out as a clean and simple card.
A handmade felt brooch attaches to the ribbon with a trinket/hat pin and a dangling bumble bee charm.
Basic Grey magnetic snaps placed between the paper layers attach a tag. The tag can double as a gift tag, bookmark or refrigerator magnet.
There's more inside . . . a luggage tag and embellished clip. You can write a personal note on the luggage tag and/or use the clip to attach a gift card.
Now . . . who should I give this to?
Oh my . . . where to start. There are quite a few ingredients.
- Pattern Paper/Cardstock – Little Yellow Bicycle Seamstress, Chatterbox Parlor, Neenah
- Stamps – My Favorite Things Just Bee Yourself
- Color Mediums – Memento, Stampin' Up! Pastels, Copics
- Embellishments – Chatterbox rivets, i-rock crystals, beaded chain, Making Memories vintage trinket pin, bee charm, Making Memories clip, Chatterbox tags, Basic Grey magnetic snaps
- Fibers – DMC Floss (433), tulle netting, yellow seam binding, Chatterbox fibers, Benzie Bazaar felt
- Tools – My Favorite Things Die-Namics (grass and inside scallop), Accu-cuts Gift Tag die, Tim Holtz Tattered Florals die, i-rock crystal heat-setting tool
- Challenges/Linking Parties – Fussy and Fancy Friday Sketch, Splitcoast Stampers WT313 Fun Felt and SPRINGSC11, Skip to My Lou Made by you Monday.
If you'd like some other ideas for using felt in your paper craft projects, just check out this growing gallery at the Splitcoast Stampers, WT313.
Bee Back Soon, because later this week I'll be sharing a tutorial for making this felt flower as a brooch or hair clip.