Large, naked, raw carrots are acceptable as food
only to those who live in hutches eagerly awaiting Easter.
~ Fran Lebowitz
I'm afraid I'm with Fran. I only like my carrots in cake. But, then, again, a carrot hat might be cute.
Hee, hee. I love this little bunny. And, as I commonly do, I got a little carrot'd away. (You knew it was only a matter of thyme before I made a bad carrot pun, right?) I added a fabric-covered, bunny embellished clothespin.
Then, I really got carrot'ed away, and just made a whole carrot patch of goodies. (Hey, don't turnip your nose, I mint well.)
Thanks to Mel Stampz and Clare's Craftroom for giving me the inspiration (and instructions!) to make these yummy low-cal carrots. Some day I'll show you how to cover the clothespin with fabric – very fun and easy.
- Stamps – 5037-F Carrot Top by Eat Cake Graphics
- Color Mediums – Memento, Copics, ColorBox chalk ink, Stampin' Up! pastels
- Other Mediums – Modge Podge
- Fibers – burlap, ric rac ribbon, twill, quilting fabric
- Tools– 1-3/8" circle punch, Nestabilities
- Embellishments – Stampin' Up! Metal Tags
Lettuce give you a break from my bad veggie puns, or it's going to be "Silence of the Yams!" and I'm gonna be a has-bean. (You know you love it.)