Fatherhood is pretending the present you love most is soap-on-a-rope.
~ Bill Cosby
I know, it's maybe a little early for Father's day sentiments, but you know I just can't help it. Grace Nywening's beautiful Lighthouse card has me thinking about Dad, hee-hee, and all the "soap-on-a-rope" presents we gave him. He was so hard to buy for. And when we asked him what he wanted, well, I can hear him now: "We have too much stuff already. If I want it, I just go buy it. Just get me a card." Do you have one of those kind of Dads? Exhausting, right? Well, if you do, Grace gave us some wonderful inspiration for a don't-buy-me-anything Father's day card.
Have you joined the party, yet? It's a BYOS party – Bring Your Own (Old) Spice. If you haven't joined us, it's not too late. Maybe our Top Chef Designers can whet your appetite. They've all chosen from Grace's ingredients and added some of their own spices. Here's our inspiration from Grace and the recipe we're following for FTR12.
- Use any of the ingredients (themes, colors, techniques, shapes, etc.) in Grace's recipe to make your project. Just pick a few ingredients and then add your own spices to cook up something uniquely yours.
- Add your project using the InLinz (froggy) button below and join the party.
- Keep the party going by clicking on some of the other contestants' entries and leaving a comment or two on their projects.
- Be sure to list your recipe or tell us what ingredient you used from the sample recipe.
- Don't forget to link back to this post or include the "I Followed the Recipe" button on your blog (see the side bar to the right).
Here's your FTR12 recipe:
- Colors – brown, blue, red
- Stamps and Stickers – nautical, light house, sentiment
- Color Mediums – stamp ink, Copic markers
- Embellishments – twine/hemp rope, charm
- Tools – die cuts, air brush system
- Techniques – make a scene or use a creative fold. Grace has wonderful instructions on how to make this "Center Step Card" here.
- Theme – masculine, Father's Day
Here's what our Top Chefs and Guest Chef Grace cooked up with Grace's recipe. Just click on the pictures to go to the Chef's blog and get all the details, including how they used Grace's recipe to make their project.
Dorcas, Dorcas Designs
Libby Hickson, Libby's Little Addiction
Peggy Marsh, The Wired Angel
Linda McClain (me), Catered Crop
Guest Chef Grace Nywening, Th-Ink-ing of You
Now it's your turn, Chefs. Remember, someone will be randomly chosen to win your choice of one of Becky Robert's templates and tutorials. The winning design will be our next featured sample and guest Chef. You have until Thursday, May 26, 8:00 PM CST. Just add your link below and enter as often as you like. We'll be enjoying all your culinary delights!