As ye sew, so shall ye rip.
~ Author Unknown
When Kim (the My Favorite Things lady) sent me this new Sew Nifty Die-namics and Stamp set I knew immediately what I wanted to do with it. Make it Black! I know, weird, right? But black was the color of the Singer Treadle sewing machine my Grandma used, and I can still remember watching her feet furiously pushing those pedals. Grandma Black (Flora Mae, my Dad's Mom) made nearly all my sister's and my school dresses until we reached middle school and Mom and Dad would finally let us wear pants to school. (They thought pants were a better alternative to the new mini skirts, but that's a whole other story.) Dad put a little spit and polish on the old machine, and I'm so proud that it still works and I still have it in the Crop Crib.
Look closely, stampers – this new Die-namics set (available July 5) includes die cuts to make your own sewing charms!
Cute!! Grandma used some heavy metal scissors with a black handle. So, I ran the scissor charm through my die cut machine with some brushed silver and black cardstock and then glued the black handles onto the silver scissors. I used wood veneer card stock to make the wooden thimble Grandma used when she darned our socks and the clothes mannequin. You can't see it from the picture, but the charms are attached to the ribbon and button with a couple of jump rings (from the bead/jewelry isles of your craft store).
Of course, all Grandma's Coats and Clark thread came on wooden spools, so check out the inside.
I ran the spool through the die cut with the wood veneer twice, stamped and embossed it with black embossing powder and then wrapped some red DMC embroidery floss around the one I popped up.
It's Day 2 of the Teaser PRIZES, so be sure to leave comments as you look around. Here are the details about the upcoming release on July 5 at 10 PM EST:
- The My Favorite Things release is on July 5 at 10 PM EST. You can attend the release party from 8-10 PM EST here in the forum for fun, games, and prizes! All the new sets and dies will be available July 5 at 10 PM EST.
- The guest designer contest is ON! Check out the forum for details on how YOU can win over $100 in stamp sets and play along with the Design Team for a month.
- If you'd like to see all the teasers for today, please click on over to Kim's blog NOW! Be sure to leave comments as you go for a chance to win one of two $10 vouchers being given away daily, just for leaving a comment. Check Kim's blog every day for the winners.
Besides that fabulous new Sew Nifty Die-namics and stamp set, I also used the new File Tab Die-namics – perfect for adding a sentiment.
Here's the rest of the recipe:
- Stamps – MFT Sew Nifty
- Paper – October Afternoon's Thrift Shop, wood veneers
- Color Mediums – Memento ink, Stampin' Up! Basic Black Craft Ink and Embossing Powder
- Embellishments – Red seam binding, jump rings, Tim Holtz button, DMC embroidery floss
- Tools – EK Success corner rounder punch, Making Memories shaped pins
I'll be back tomorrow with Day 3 of the teasers. See you then.