Let's go fly a kite . . . Up to the highest height! Let's go fly a kite and send it soaring.
Up through the atmosphere. Up where the air is clear.
Oh, let's go fly a kite!
~ from the musical, Mary Poppins, 1964
Hi again! (Or maybe "High Again?!) We're talking about kites, so it's okay to be high, especially when it's about this adorable, new My Favorite Things (MFT) Pure Innocence stamp set, Aim High.
If you want to get the highest height out of your kite, try a few of these tricks:
- Use some sticks to create your kite's spine. I used wood veneer paper and can you guess what else? A toothpick! (Ah, I'm so clev-ah!)
- Everyone knows a kite needs a tail for balance. This adorable stamp set comes with a little tail. I thought the bow-tie like tail was so cute, I added it to the little darling's shoes.
- No kite can stand still in the wind. (If it does, it's surely about to plummet to a slow, cruel death.) Create a little spring by wrapping some jewelry wire around a wooden dowel and then taping it to the kite. You have to look real close from the side to see it. Now your kite can jiggle! (Yes, I'm a genius.)
Hopefully, the inside of the card looks like a picture window. What do you think?
It's Day 3 of the Teasers. I have loved, loved, loved reading all your sweet comments. Be sure to leave comments as you look around through all the MFT designers' blogs because, yes, there are Prizes!. Here are the details about the upcoming release on July 5 at 10 PM EST:
- The My Favorite Things release is on July 5 at 10 PM EST. You can attend the release party from 8-10 PM EST here in the forum for fun, games, and prizes! All the new sets and dies will be available July 5 at 10 PM EST.
- The guest designer contest is ON! Check out the forum for details on how YOU can win over $100 in stamp sets and play along with the Design Team for a month.
- If you'd like to see all the teasers for today, please click on over to Kim's blog NOW! Be sure to leave comments as you go for a chance to win one of two $10 vouchers being given away daily, just for leaving a comment. Check Kim's blog every day for the winners.
I followed our recipe for the Catered Crop Follow-the-Recipe linking party #15 (FTR15) by using some fun summer colors, polka dots and hearts, buttons, and dimensional adhesives.. Have you played yet? Remember, you don't have to use all the ingredients to join us. Just pick and chose from Crystal's delicious dish and add a few spices of your own. All the details are here.
Here are the My Favorite Things Die-Namics I used to make my card and the rest of the recipe.
- Stamps – MFT Aim High
- Paper – Some retired Stampin' Up! paper from 2008/2009 (yes, I'm a hoarder), wood veneers, Neenah
- Color Mediums – Memento ink, Copics (see below)
- Fibers – Stampin' Up! tafetta ribbon, kite string (of course), felt
- Embellishments – Toothpick, Stampin' Up! button, jewelry wire
- Tools – MFT Die-namics: Sunshine and, Jumbo Scallop, Notched Tag
- Sketch – Crazy 4 Challenges C4C93
Hee, hee! Is Mary Poppins still singing in your head? You're not high – it's just kite-flying season!