My Favorite Things July Hop and Shop

There are big ships and small ships. But the best ship of all is friendship.
         ~ Author Unknown

It's here, it's here!! My Favorite Things (MFT) July Hop and Shop. The hop starts at the MFT blog, so if you just happened upon my post, you should probably turn your ship around and head back there to start at the home port – the beginning. If you made it this far, congratulations! You've circled the globe and come to your final destination.

All the new stamp sets and dies that have been shown over the past five days are available NOW in the MFT Boutique.

All me mates (or Team Linda as my family likes to call it) have really rallied behind me, and this project is a perfect example. I wanted to make a treasure chest to go with Clair Keay's adorable image. Mr. Catered Crop found this unfinished wood treasure chest at the hobby store, Son Catered Crop bought the gold nuggets to put inside, and Daughter Catered Crop painted and distressed it for me. She made it look just like it was pulled out of the sea barnacles and all.  (Yes, it takes a village to keep me afloat.)

Catered Crop Recipe

• Stamps – MFT Claire Keay Ahoy Matey
  • Paper – Basic Grey Scarlet's Letter, Kraft, tea-stained tag
  • Color Mediums – Memento ink and Copics (E11, E000, E0000, and E30, for skin tones).
  • Fibers – Hemp twine
  • Embellishments – Jenni Bowlin button, EK Success T-Pin,
  • Tools – MFT Die-namics: Banner Day, Open Scallop Doily, Simply Scallops
  • Miscellaneous – Cork sheet
  • Sketch – Just Us Girls JUGS91

MFT DieNamics - Open Scallop Doily

Being a guest designer on the MFT team has been the adventure of a life time. Hopefully you've enjoyed some of my projects. I'm such an old salty, I really had to step up my game to stand along side all those amazing MFT designers. I wanted to make my final project about all the wonderful friendships I've made working with the team and reading your sweet comments. So, Ahoy, Matey! I hope we get to sail together for a long time.

1. How FANTASTICALLY cute!!

2. Linda! This is a masterpiece! I ADORE ADORE ADORE the cork doily…that is FAB! Awesome coloring and layout too! You knocked this month out of the park!!!

3. The cork doily is a great touch and I love all the scallops. What a fun card.

4. So cute!

5. This is SO fantastic! I love the way you used the dies!

Your projects this week have been amazing! :)

6. what fun!!!!!!!

7. Dawn B. says:

Adorable card Linda!

8. Great card! Love the scallop borders.

9. Holly AKA KopyKat says:

Oh I have so enjoyed all your projects, and you definetly add a lot to team. This card is so cute and I love reading about how involved your family is with your hobby. That is so great and one of the best treasure boxes I’ve seen….okay, the chocolate really is alluring, but the box is so adorable.

10. Great guy card.

11. Super duper cute! What a perfect card for the lil guys! Delightful candy box :) TFS!

12. Oooh, a pirate AND a treasure chest! What a terrific boy’s b’day gift!

13. Angela R. says:

Oh, this is too cool! Just wonderful!

14. Great boy cards!!! Love them :)

15. Such an awesome card! And your treasure chest~what a fabulous boy gift!

16. Makalah says:

Cute addition using the cork for a more masculine doily! Also – I want that treasure box…yum!

17. Love the cork and the scallops!

18. Candi Cissel says:

Amazingly cute card Linda! You have really rocked this release girl!

Hugs,
    Candi

19. Such a fab card! Love the little treasure box too.

20. WOW, amazing card! Love the treasure box. Perfect touch! ?

21. Adorable Linda, you can tell you had fun with this release!

22. Lisa Henke says:

this is fantastic! looove what you did with this, the banner is awesome!

23. Linda…….Absolutely everything you created is just magical! You and your mates did an outstanding job and the card and treasure chest. They are both just amazing.

24. Love it Linda! The twine through the doily die is so perfect! Really gives it that nautical look! And love the banner die and the scallops along the bottom! Great job this month girl!

25. Oh wow! This is SO cute!!! I love the scene you created here!

26. What an awesome guest designer you have been this month! Finishing it off with an over the top project! Love the rustic look to this as it totally matches the feel of the image! Way to go!

27. Kathryn Berthiame says:

Love this card its awesome!

Thanks so much for getting sketchy with Just Us Girls this week!

28. Aaaarrrrd, mayte! YOU kicked this one through the uprights of fabulousness, I just have to tell ya! I love, love, LOVE your interpretation of Kathryn’s sketch – SO good! Such a FUN card!!!!! I think I’ll be typing like a pirate for a WHILE! So, blither me tinders!~ Thanks for sharing ALL THIS FUN, with Just Us Girls! xoxo!

29. This is so cool! Thanks so much for playing with Just Us Girls this week!