Some persons are very decisive when it comes to avoiding decisions.
~ Brendan Francis
We just couldn't do it. The Catered Crop Top Chefs were split right down the middle when it came to choosing a winner from the last challenge. There were so many wonderful entries that we just could not decide on only one winner. So, we are making history and doing something that's never been done on Catered Crop. We picked two wonderful winners and we're combining their recipes. Yep, we're stirring things up at Catered Crop!
Aren't those fun!? We couldn't resist the chance to try our hand at making Allison's easel card. And Lynne's alien scientist card is just so crazy fun! Bring out your minions of aliens, monsters, dinosaurs, scientists, or science subjects – anyway you want to interpret this funky funny card. Maybe you can even make an alien easel card! (You can find Beate Johns' instructions to make an easel card at Splitcoast Stampers, here.)
- Use any of the ingredients (themes, colors, techniques, shapes, etc.) in Allison and Lynne's combined recipe to make your project. You don't have to use all the ingredients or the same brands. Just pick a few ingredients and then add your own spices to cook up something uniquely yours.
- Add your project using the InLinz (froggy) button below and join the party.
- Be sure to list your recipe or tell us what ingredient you used from the sample recipe.
- Don't forget to link back to this post or include the "I Followed the Recipe" button on your blog (see the side bar to the right).
Here's your FTR17 recipe. With the combined ingredients, it's almost an anything goes challenge, so have fun!
- Colors – red, white, green, blue, gray, kraft
- Stamps and Stickers – strawberries, sentiment, aliens/monsters, scientists or science subjects
- Patterns – circles, checked/gingham, scallops
- Color Mediums – markers (ProMarker, Copics, White Signo Pen)
- Embellishments – clear gloss, glitter, charms, brads, ribbon
- Tools – corner rounder punch, border punch, die cut shapes
- Techniques – faux stitching, doodling/drawing, make an easel card
- Theme – birthday, just hello/because
As always, the winning entry gets an "I Baked it Best" button to put on their blog, will be the inspiration for the next challenge and can be a guest Chef for our QuickFire.
Oh my goodness gracious gravy! The first time I saw Laura's die cuts to make pinwheels and sentiment flags I was in love. Then I discovered she had stamp sets to match the die cuts. Oh, be still my heart.
Ah, but now . . . hold on to your seats . . . Laura's come out with this adorable Rainbow and Clouds set!
Just click on the link below to join the Catered Crop party. You have until Thursday, August 4, 8:00 PM EST. Swing back by here next Sunday when our Catered Crop Top Chefs, Guest Chefs Allison and Lynne, and Celebrity Chef Laura will dish up up their culinary delights using Allison's and Lynne's combined recipe. It should be delicious!