On ye Dragons, on ye Dragons,
On to victory!
~ Round Rock High School Fight Song
August is a big birthday month for us starting with my boy, Ben. "Big Ben" was the starting Center for the Round Rock High School Dragons for three years; and let me tell you, all the myths about the pageantry of High School football in Texas – are not myths! After every game he came home loaded with gifts from at least three different girls. We had dragons in every form you can imagine – even a dragon cake. So, for Ben's birthday card this year, yep, another dragon!
Ben's moved on to greater victories than high school football days (check out Peitho Media), but, you known, I couldn't resist adding a dragon to this week's Catered Crop Challenge. Oh wait a minute, I think this is a dinosaur, not a dragon. Oh well . . . Rawr! anyway!
"Maroon and white fight forever fight for, Round Rock to the end . . ."
Yep, I followed the recipe for the Catered Crop Follow-the-Recipe Party #17 (FTR17). From the recipe I choose aliens/monsters (hey, a dragon/dinosaur counts, right?), checked/gingham, scallops, markers, glitter, ribbon, border punches, die cut shapes, and sewing, shew! Oh my goodness gracious, we have so many fun entries already – but it's not too late for you to join us!
My favorite ingredient was Lil' Inker Designs Sentiment Flags. I used them to make the Rawr! banner and "You're Number" flag on the card and to make my cupcake toppers. I painted toothpicks with black acrylic paint and then added the flags. And darlings, Lil' Inker Designs is sponsoring our Catered Crop challenge this week – so you can get your hands and these!
Here's the rest of the recipe:
- Stamps – Claire Keay Dinosaur Boy, Lil' Inker Designs Sentiment Flags Stamps (set of 11)
- Paper – Stampin' Up! cardstock, Cosmo Cricket Circa 1934
- Color Mediums – Memento Ink, Copics, Making Memories acrylic paint, Distress Stickles
- Fibers – Stampin' Up! linen thread, Stampin' Up! Black Satin Ribbon
- Embellishments – Stampin' Up! Buttons, toothpicks, and Cupcakes!
- Tools – Cuttlebug folder, Nestabilities, Lil' Inker Designs Sentiment Flag Die, EK Success circle punch, My Favorite Things Simple Scallop die cut
- Sketch – My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club 30 (MFTWSC30).
You know it's time to turn on the Discovery channel when you can't even tell the difference between a dragon and a dinosaur. Oh well . . . "Round Rock to the end, so fight Dragons, FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT, and win, win, win!"