Do not worry about your problems with mathematics, I assure you mine are far greater.
~ Albert Einstein
Oh dear, for many of you, it's that dreaded back to school time again. I say dreaded only because I remember how crazy hectic that was. I hope you can get a break from all the activities to join us at the Catered Crop Linking Party #18, especially, since we're celebrating that time of year thanks to Cheryl Gorka's fun cards and their combined recipe.
- Use any of the ingredients (themes, colors, techniques, shapes, etc.) in Cheryl's recipe to make your project. You don't have to use all the ingredients or the same brands. Just pick a few ingredients and then add your own spices to cook up something uniquely yours.
- Add your project using the InLinz (froggy) button below and join the party.
- Be sure to list your recipe or tell us what ingredient you used from the sample recipe.
- Don't forget to link back to this post or include the "I Followed the Recipe" button on your blog (see the side bar to the right).
Here's your FTR18 recipe. With the combined ingredients, it's almost an anything goes challenge, so have fun!
- Colors – primary colors like red, yellow, blue (and green), and a little brown for dirt
- Stamps and Stickers – anything that grows from a seed, gardening, back to school, worms!
- Patterns – circles, checked/gingham, notebook paper
- Color Mediums – stamping ink, markers (ProMarker, Copics)
- Embellishments – buttons, ribbon, thread/twine
- Tools – border punch, die cut shapes, embossing plates
- Techniques – make a bookmark, mat your panels, tie ribbons through your buttons, machine sewing
- Theme – garden, back to school
Here's what our fabulous Top Chefs and Guest Chef dished up with the recipe. Just click on the pictures to go to the Chef's blog and get all the details.
As always, the winning entry gets an "I Baked it Best" button to put on their blog, will be the inspiration for the next challenge and, like Cheryl, can be a guest Chef for our next QuickFire. Those lovely folks at May Arts sent me a Big, Big box of no less than 20 different ribbons to give to one lucky randomly chosen player of our Catered Crop linking party. Oh baby! Someone is going to really hit the jackpot!
Just click on the link below to join the Catered Crop party. You have until Thursday, August 18, 8:00 PM EST. And don't forget to come back that evening and August 19 to help us with the tie-breakers. Beginning at 8:00 PM on August 18, the voting buttons will open up and you'll have 24 hours to vote for as many as three of your favorite entries. We'll use your votes to help the Design Team choose a winner. So, hit the campaign trail, rally for votes and then come back on August 18 to cast your votes.