You remind me of the babe. What babe?
Babe with the power. What power?
Power of voodoo Who do? You do.
Do what? Remind me of the babe.
– David Bowie, Magic Dance, 1986
Thank you to all of you who voted in our last challenge! The entries for our last party were so FAB-u-lous and Fun, it was NOT easy to pick a winner. The Top Chef design team's votes left us with a tie too close to call, so all your votes helped us choose the final winner. Congratulations to Dana from Dana's Inspirations. You guys are so Smart! You picked a winner with incredible ingredients – we're going to have a blast with this.
Isn't that magical?!
Playing with us at the Catered Crop "Follow-the-Recipe" linking party is easy as pie. Here's how it works:
- Use any of the ingredients (themes, colors, techniques, shapes, etc.) in either of Dana's project. You don't have to use all the ingredients or the same brands. Just pick a few ingredients and then add your own spices to cook up something uniquely yours.
- Add your project using the InLinz (froggy) button below and join the party.
- Be sure to list your recipe or tell us what ingredient you used from the sample recipe.
- Don't forget to link back to this post or include the "I Followed the Recipe" button on your blog (see the side bar to the right).
Here's your FTR19 recipe.
- Colors – jewel tones of pink, violet and blue, gold/yellow and brown
- Stamps and Stickers – gears or clock works, wizards and magic, butterflies, text/script, sentiment
- Color Mediums – stamping/distress ink, markers (ProMarker, Copics), and acrylic paint
- Embellishments – ribbon, brads, tags, polymer clay, glitter/Stickles
- Techniques – mix-media, collage, use and/or layer digital stamps, edge the card with paint
As always, the winning entry gets an "I Baked it Best" button to put on their blog, will be the inspiration for the next challenge and can be a guest Chef for our QuickFire.
And . . . one lucky, randomly picked player will win a fabulous prize from Stampee Crafts.
I learned about Stampee Foils from an article at Craft Critique and was immediately intrigued. They are perfect for a mixed media project like our inspiration for this challenge and definitely add a magical touch to any card. Stampee Foils are Stampee Crafts' signature product. They come in over 40 colors in metallic, holographic and transparent varieties and with them you can transform a rubber stamped or laser printed image into a beautifully foiled one. The foil application process is fast and easy. Just watch their video tutorials to see how it works.
One very lucky randomly selector player of our Follow-the-Recipe #19 party will get to choose four foils and free bonding powder. I'm jealous!
Just click on the link below to join the Catered Crop party. You have until Thursday, September 1, 8:00 PM EST. Swing back by here next Sunday when our Catered Crop Top Chefs and Guest Chef Dana will dish up up their culinary delights using Dana's recipe. It should be Magic!