Oh oh it's magic, when I'm with you.
oh oh it's magic, you know it's true, got a hold on you.
~ Ric Ocasek
Oh my goodness gracious gravy! The entries we have so far for the Catered Crop Follow-the-Recipe #19 (FTR19) are just magical. You all were so smart when you voted for Dana's card to be our inspiration. All her beautiful colors and textures along with those collage/mixed media techniques are bringing out all the craft magicians – and I love it. I feel like I have center stage to a fabulous show. It's not too late for the rest of you to join us. Here's Dana's card and the recipe we're following for FTR19.
- Use any of the ingredients (themes, colors, techniques, shapes, etc.) in Dana's recipe to make your project. You don't have to use all the ingredients or the same brands. Just pick a few ingredients and then add your own spices to cook up something uniquely yours.
- Add your project using the InLinz (froggy) button below and join the party.
- Be sure to list your recipe or tell us what ingredient you used from the sample recipe.
- Don't forget to link back to this post or include the "I Followed the Recipe" button on your blog (see the side bar to the right).
Here's your FTR19 recipe.
- Colors – jewel tones of pink, violet and blue, gold/yellow and brown
- Stamps and Stickers – gears or clock works, wizards and magic, butterflies, text/script, sentiment
- Color Mediums – stamping/distress ink, markers (ProMarker, Copics), and acrylic paint
- Embellishments – ribbon, brads, tags, polymer clay, glitter/Stickles
- Techniques – mix-media, collage, use and/or layer digital stamps, edge the card with paint
Here's what our fabulous Top Chefs and Guest Chef dished up with the recipe. Just click on the pictures to go to the Chef's blog and get all the details.
Guest Chef, Dana's Inspirations
As always, the winning entry gets an "I Baked it Best" button to put on their blog, will be the inspiration for the next challenge and can be a guest Chef for our next QuickFire. And . . . one lucky, randomly picked player will win a fabulous prize from Stampee Crafts.
Sampee Crafts foils are perfect for a mixed media project like our inspiration for this challenge and definitely add a magical touch to any card. They come in over 40 colors in metallic, holographic and transparent varieties and with them you can transform a rubber stamped or laser printed image into a beautifully foiled one. The foil application process is fast and easy. Just watch their video tutorials to see how it works.
One very lucky randomly selector player of our Follow-the-Recipe #19 party will get to choose four foils and free bonding powder.