'Cause I told you once, now I told you twice.
We gon' light it up like it's dynamite.
Dynamite lyrice by Taio Cruz
Once was nice, so I made it twice. 😉
Our inspiration for the Catered Crop Follow-the-Recipe #19, Dana's card, has such beautiful colors and textures, and I'm just crazy, crazy about all the entries we've gotten so far. I followed Dana's magical wizard theme and also picked up her jewel color tones, text background, markers, and glitter. Here's the rest of my recipe. Remember, you don't have to use all of Dana's ingredients – just pick and choose what works for you add your own magic.
- Pattern Paper – October Afternoon Campfire
- Cardstock– Stampin' Up! Night of Navy, Old Olive and Very Vanilla; Neenah
- Stamps – Eat Cake Graphics 1188-K Toad Sister and 8194-E Toad Sister (text)
- Color Mediums – Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Stampin' Up! Pastels, ColorBox Creamy Brown chalk ink
- Embellishments – Calico Corners star hat pin, Stampin' Up! Waffle Paper
- Misc. Supplies – Stampin' Up! Dazzling Diamonds glitter and Crystal Effects
- Tools – My Favorite Things First Place Ribbon Die, Nestabilities, EK Success Scallop border punch
- Challenges – Deconstructed Sketch #16 (DS16), Copic Creations #56, CCEE Stampers (CCEE1134)
I used some Stampin' Up! Waffle Paper for a little gold trim. To get it around the big round focal point I cut out two large scallop circles with Nestabilities and then trimmed them and fan-folded them to make a little multi-layered rosette. That owl scene/text is from the October Afternoon Campfire paper pack. I love how it turned out with the owl looking down at the sister frog. (Hope he's not hungry for frog legs.)
So, maybe my rerun will get syndicated . . . what a deal!
Tomorrow is my sister's birthday. You know what that means?! It's mine, too! Happy birthday to us. My family has some surprises planned – they won't even let me pinch the packages. I hope none of them involve toads!