My favorite weather is bird-chirping weather.
~ Terri Guillemets
I know I say this every time . . . You all just continue to amaze me with your beautiful entries. Thank you all for voting and helping us pick our next inspiration. You did good! Congratulations to Sarah Engels-Geer from La-De-Dah.
Playing with us at the Catered Crop "Follow-the-Recipe" linking party is easy as pie. Here's how it works:
- Use any of the ingredients (themes, colors, techniques, etc.) in Sarah's project. You don't have to use all the ingredients or the same brands. Just pick a few ingredients and then add your own spices to cook up something uniquely yours.
- Add your project using the InLinz (froggy) button below and join the party.
- Be sure to list your recipe or tell us what ingredient you used from the sample recipe.
- Don't forget to link back to this post or include the "I Followed the Recipe" button on your blog (see the side bar to the right).
Here's your FTR21 recipe.
- Colors – Vintage tones (sepias, gold, cream, muted greens)
- Papers – Design Paper (K&Co), torn book page, doily, paper scraps
- Stamps – flowers, leaves, sentiment
- Color Mediums – Distress inks, Archival ink, Crackle, Viva Gold, cream paint
- Embellishments – ribbon, lace, mini-tag, button, press-studs, thread
- Techniques – stamped resist technique (on bird), stitching, Grunge Rose, sewing, distress
- Tools – Die cuts (bird, cage, flower)
- Themes –Vintage, tag, bird, bird cage
As always, the winning entry gets an "I Baked it Best" button to put on their blog, will be the inspiration for the next challenge and can be a guest Chef for our QuickFire.
And . . . one lucky, randomly picked player will win a fabulous prize from A Day for Daisies! There's something about Tammy Thompson's digital stamps that just pluck at my heart strings. They're simple, sweet and poignant. You can tell Tammy puts a little piece of her heart into every illustration. She says it better than I can, so here's what Tammy says about her shop.
A Day for Daisies is the title of the first painting I sold and along with it the best complement I ever received "It makes me happy”. Since then I have enjoyed a happy career working as a freelance artist and book illustrator, and most recently my digital illustration shop. As a busy mother of four little ones there has been no shortage inspiration to fills the pages of my store. There is nothing quite like my little ones bursting in the room with a crumpled fist of flowers picked just for me. Never did a dandelion seem so beautiful! I hope my art will continue to encourage us all to surround ourselves with what we love, and love what we do.
One very lucky player will win a $12.00 GIFT CERTIFICATE at A DAY FOR DAISIES!
Don't forget to come back and VOTE. We need your help with the tie-breakers. We'll use your votes to help (influence and sway) the Design Team when they choose a winner for the next Party. So, for 24 hours after the challenge ends, the voting buttons will open up.
Just click on the link below to join the Catered Crop party. You have until Thursday, September 29, 8:00 PM EST. Swing back by here next Sunday when our Catered Crop Top Chefs and Guest Chef Sarah will dish up their culinary delights using Sarah's recipe. You'll also get to see some projects using Tammy's darling images.