Time's fun when you're having flies.
~ Kermit the Frog
Apparently my card is a lot more versatile than I planned it to be. My son pointed out that this slightly obscured sentiment "Feelin' Froggy" has different meanings; some not so nice. I checked it out in Urban Dictionary and, oh dear, apparently it means ready to fight it out. Who knew? I gotta get out more. I still like it. I may give it to someone who's giving me a hard time (my version of Clint Eastwood's "go ahead, make my day") or to someone who helps me channel Kermit the Frog: un-frog-ettable fun times. See: versatile.
This week I'm hosting the fun at the Ribbon Carousel Challenge Blog. I named our challenge "Fabric of Your Lives" because, yep, we want to see fabric in your projects.
Don't have a craft-ready stash of fabric? No worries. Just do what I did: rip up some old jeans and cut up a burlap sack. I stamped the little girl's bluejeans onto a pair of my jeans the family made me throw out (the holes were starting to get obscene). I was lucky to have some gorgeous Benzie heirloom felt on hand for the scallop, flower and petals. That felt is so luxurious! And, I grabbed some scrap muslin for the (versatile) "Feelin' Froggy" sentiment.
Here's my tip for stamping or piecing with fabric – worth the price of admission today. Run your fabric through a Xyron sticker maker before you stamp on it, cut it out, or run it through a die cut machine. It will behave, lay flat, and not ravel. When you're ready to adhere it to your project, just remove the backing and it will stick so much more nicely than gooey fabric glue. Works like a charm.
- Paper – Pebbles Fresh Goods, Bazzill, Neenah, and a paper bag
- Stamps – My Favorite Things Pure Innocence Feelin' Froggy
- Color Mediums – Memento ink, Copics, Stampin' Up! Pastels
- Fibers – Taffeta Ribbon; burlap; Benzie Bazaar felt for the scallop, mum and leaves; muslin for the sentiment, my old bluejeans for the girl's jeans
- Tools – Nestabilities and My Favorite Things Die-namics: Rolled Mum, Simple Scallops Medium, Fishtail Banner, Prima Donna (petals), and Woodgrain Fence
- Misc. – Crystal Effects of the frog
I recycled the My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club (MFTSWC37) sketch for this week and just changed out the two rectangles for a burlap panel.
That's it from the crazy farm today, but come back tomorrow when I get to help reveal the next My Favorite Things sketch. Ah, we're having fun at the farm.