I cannot endure to waste anything as precious as autumn sunshine by staying in the house.
So I spend almost all the daylight hours in the open air.
– Nathaniel Hawthorne
It's Party Time! But, before we get to that, we have some unfinished business from our last party, FTR22. Congratulations to:
Stacey! You won the random drawing. Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org to claim your $15.00 GIFT CERTIFICATE at Sassy Cheryl . Have fun shopping!
All you wild and crazy paper chefs out there get ready, because this party's about to get insane! Not only do we have an amazing, amazing sponsor, but we have two inspirations for you to follow this week.
Fall will be over way too soon so we couldn't resist these two Fall cards – Kristi S's card was so full of gorgeous eye candy, and Jane Wetzel's just cracked us up! Yes, bad puns will follow. We're going to combine their recipes for an almost anything goes party!
Playing with us at the Catered Crop "Follow-the-Recipe" linking party is easy as pumpkin pie. Here's how it works:
- Use any of the ingredients (themes, colors, techniques, etc.) in Jane's and Kristi's projects. You don't have to use all the ingredients or the same brands. Just pick a few ingredients and then add your own spices to cook up something uniquely yours.
- Add your project using the InLinkz (froggy) button below and join the party.
- Be sure to list your recipe or tell us what ingredient you used from the sample recipe.
- Don't forget to link back to this post or include the "I Followed the Recipe" button on your blog (see the side bar to the right).
Here's your FTR23 recipe.
- Colors – Fall colors
- Papers – Pattern paper, polka dots, crepe paper (fun!)
- Stamps – Men, senior citizens, leaves and, okay, I'm gonna say it, bare bottoms (like, maybe, cute baby bottoms?)
- Color Mediums – Copic markers, Glimmer Mist
- Embellishments – lace, thread, buttons, tags, pearls, ribbon, seam binding, twine
- Techniques – paper piecing, sewing, layer your buttons, make a bow bouquet (a bow with lots of layers and elements)
- Tools – Die cuts, punches
- Themes –masculine, Autumn/Fall and make us laugh!
Stampers, I know you can really get behind this challenge, butt, if this inspiration isn't enough to help you crack open your craft supplies . . .
Yes! Copic Markers is sponsoring the Catered Crop party!!
As always, the winning entry gets an "I Baked it Best" button to put on their blog, will be the inspiration for the next challenge and can be a guest Chef for our QuickFire.
- X-Press It Blending Card
- High Tack Double Sided tape samples,
- a 2011 Color Swatch Book and
- a four-piece Sketch Marker gift set.