We need hope. We need change. We need experience. We need pens.
~ Jack Donaghy (Alec Baldwin) on 30 Rock
Oh my goodness gracious gravy with pumpkin pie and Halloween candy! You guys are rockin' the FTR23 challenge already. I'm just pickin' my jaw off the floor every time someone uploads a new project. If you need any more inspiration . . . here's what our Catered Crop Top Chefs and Guest Chefs have cooked up for you to help you spice things up even more.
Playing with us at the Catered Crop "Follow-the-Recipe" linking party is easy as stealing Halloween candy from a baby. Here's how it works:
- Use any of the ingredients (themes, colors, techniques, etc.) in Jane's and Kristi's projects. You don't have to use all the ingredients or the same brands. Just pick a few ingredients and then add your own spices to cook up something uniquely yours.
- Add your project using the InLinkz (froggy) button below and join the party.
- Be sure to list your recipe or tell us what ingredient you used from the sample recipe.
- Don't forget to link back to this post or include the "I Followed the Recipe" button on your blog (see the side bar to the right).
Here's your FTR23 recipe.
- Colors – Fall colors
- Papers – Pattern paper, polka dots, crepe paper (fun!)
- Stamps – Men, senior citizens, leaves and, okay, I'm gonna say it, bare bottoms
- Color Mediums – Copic markers, Glimmer Mist
- Embellishments – lace, thread, buttons, tags, pearls, ribbon, seam binding, twine
- Techniques – paper piecing, sewing, layer your buttons, make a bow bouquet (a bow with lots of layers and elements)
- Tools – Die cuts, punches
- Themes –masculine, Autumn/Fall and make us laugh!
Yes! Copic Markers is sponsoring the Catered Crop party!! As always, the winning entry gets an "I Baked it Best" button to put on their blog, will be the inspiration for the next challenge and can be a guest Chef for our QuickFire. And . . . one incredibly lucky, randomly picked player will win a prize package from Copic Markers: X-Press It Blending Card, High Tack Double Sided tape samples, a 2011 Color Swatch Book, and a four-piece Sketch Marker gift set.
Oh man, I wish I weren't ineligible – I would totally grab this package! That X-Press It Blending Card is magic with Copic markers. The whole package is amazing!
Without further delay here's what our fabulous Top Chefs and Guest Chefs have dished up with the recipe. Just click on the pictures to go to the Chef's blog and get all the details.
Guest Chef Kristi S.
Guest Chef Jane Wetzel
Top Chef Dorcas Designs
Top Chef Renee Van Stralen
Top Chef Linda McClain
Please remember that winners of the random drawing must claim their prize by the end of the next challenge. The more you enter, the more your chances are of winning.
Just click on the link below to join the Catered Crop party. You have until Thursday, October 27, 8:00 PM EST to join the party. We're really cooking with gas now!