Oh my, we're having so much fun with the FTR25 challenge. Tracy MacDonald gave us such an amazing starting off point. If you need any more inspiration . . . here's what our Catered Crop Top Chefs and Guest Chef have cooked up for you to help you spice things up even more.
Playing with us at the Catered Crop "Follow-the-Recipe" linking party is easy as pumpkin pie. Here's how it works:
- Use any of the ingredients (themes, colors, techniques, etc.) in Tracy's project. You don't have to use all the ingredients or the same brands. Just pick a few ingredients and then add your own spices to cook up something uniquely yours.
- Add your project using the InLinkz (froggy) button below and join the party.
- Be sure to list your recipe or tell us what ingredient you used from the sample recipe.
- Don't forget to link back to this post or include the "I Followed the Recipe" button on your blog (see the side bar to the right).
Here's your FTR25 recipe – a really fun one!
- Papers: Kraft, chipboard
- Colors: kraft, black, cream, red, and green
- Images: birds, winter scene, hollies and berries, swirls, Christmas
- Ink: pencils, distress ink
- Tools: embossing folder, die cuts, circle punch, lace and/or scallop edges
- Miscellaneous: ribbon, pearls, fishtail tags
- Techniques: layers and layers, dry embossing, distressing
We have a Texas size treat for one lucky player.
I'm crazy excited that Texana Designs is here. Their rubber stamp images with a Texas flair are all designed by native Texan artists. But, don't reckon ya'll have to have a Texas twang to play with their stamps – there's a whole shootin' match of fun images to suit yer fancy.
As always, the winning entry gets an "I Baked it Best" button to put on their blog and one incredibly lucky, randomly picked player will win a a $25.00 gift certificate to Texana Designs.
Without further delay here's what our fabulous Top Chefs and Guest Chef have dished up with the recipe. Just click on the pictures to go to the Chef's blog and get all the details.
Guest Chef Tracy MacDonald
Top Chef Dorcas Designs
Top Chef Peggy Marsh
Top Chef Emeritus Libby Hickson
using a stamp from Texana Designs
Top Chef Linda McClain
also using a stamp from Texana Designs
Please remember that winners of the random drawing must claim their prize by the end of the next challenge. The more you enter, the more your chances are of winning.
And, on a quick side note. Thank you, thank you, to everyone who tried to vote on Saturday to help Catered Crop make it to the next round of nominations for the Blog Guidebook Top Blog 2011. Unfortunately, the Facebook Application they were using for voting wasn't working as well as they hoped, and voting has been cancelled until they can correct the polling process. If you voted on Facebook, you may have to vote again, here. Please vote, and be sure to leave a comment here when you do to be entered into our fun give-away.
Just click on the link below to join the Catered Crop party. You have until Thursday, November 24, 8:00 PM EST to join the party. I can't wait to see what else you dish up for us.