The most remarkable thing about my mother is that
for thirty years she served the family nothing but leftovers.
The original meal has never been found.
~ Calvin Trillin (American Writer, b.1935)
I have a fun new "challenge" for you all, but first, we have some unfinished business from our Catered Crop Follow-the-Recipe #25 party. Congratulations to . . .
Of course, before we shake (and stir and blend) things up a little for the coming weeks, we need to choose a winner from our last party. You know I never can pick just one, and there were so many, many fabulous entries. Here are just three of my favorites.
Jane Wetzel's card made me giggle. This is exactly how I felt after Thanksgiving's gorge fest! I love all the textures and yummy glitter in Maria Becske's card. And Tricia Traxler's card is just so sweet. You gotta love a reindeer bearing gifts.
At the end of the calendar year I like to an annual review of some of my favorite projects. It's sort of my buffet of crafting leftovers and it's a great way to reflect on the year and see how my skills have (hopefully) evolved. I love doing it.
We're going to table our usual Follow-the-Recipe parties to give our sponsors and design team a little break during the holidays. And, instead, we're just going to give you a chance to show off some of your favorite projects from 2011.
I know, we're breaking the rules. Most challenges tell you not to link back to previous projects. Well, forget those rules! Go back into your archives and pull out your favorites from 2011 – starting with your favorite Thank You cards from 2011.
As I mentioned, we're giving our sponsors a break, too, so there's no big drawing each week. But, I will feature some of my favorites at the end of each party.
So . . . here are the rules for playing . . . there are very few rules.
- Link up your favorite Thank You cards from 2011, including, if you prefer, any you make this week.
- Keep the party going and fun by leaving a comment on the projects of the two people who posted in front of you.
- This party ends at 8:00 PM on Saturday, December 3, and we'll start another one on Sunday, December 4 (so be thinking about your favorite Get Well card for next week).
- Enter as often as you'd like.
- Feel free to leave a comment about why this is your favorite 2011 Thank you card.
I can't wait to see the best of your best!