If kisses were snowflakes,
I'd send you a blizzard.
~ Love Doctor pick-up line
It's too soon to shop, but it's the perfect time for Window Shopping.
Now that we've teased and tempted you all week long, it's almost time to shop for your favorite Brand Spankin' New products from My Favorite Things. But first… it's time for our Die-namics Feature and Pre-Release Pep Rally! The designers and I are taking an in-depth look at this month's Die-namics while re-visiting the amazing sets being released tonight.
I don't want you to miss a thing.
- There are so many fabulous new toys this month – seriously, my favorite release Evah – that you might want a "cheat sheet" to keep track of it all. Now, if I were you, I'd just stick a stamp on this list and send it straight to Santa. Head over to the My Favorite Things Blog to print out a shopping list with all the newest products.
- While you're grabbing your cheat sheet, you can visit all the amazing designers to see what crazy things they're doing with the new releases.
- You don't want to be fashionably late for the New Release Party. It's on for tonight, from 8:00 PM to 10:00 PM EST, HERE in the My Favorite Things Forum.
- The party ends with a bang because all the new stamp sets and Die-namics go on sale right at 10:00 PM. You'll find all the newest products HERE at release time.
- Shop quickly, not only because the new products sell out fast, but also because you want to come right back to the My Favorite Things blog and join the designers' blog hop. Oh yes, darlings, we've saved even more tantalizing projects.
I'm playing with the new Snowflake Doily Die-Namic because, Jeez Louize, there are so many things you can do with this puppy.
I also used a lot of the new Postage Stamp Stax to make fun tags with Cosmo Cricket papers ("Dear Mr. Claus"). Later tonight, I'm going to show you how you can make he Postage Stamp Stax work for just about image size.
Remember this ornament from Saturday, when we were featuring the new Who's That Girl Snowman set?
Run a box through your die-cut machine with the Snowflake Doily Die-namic, glue a transparency sheet to the inside, and, presto, chango – you can transform this
into the perfect box for a snowman ornament.
Or you can transform this . . .
into popcorn take-out.
The Snowflake Doily makes a great embellishment to just about anything – like a vintage canning jar filled with licorice.
Twiz the Season . . .
Make three things coordinate into a gift set by embellishing them all with felt cut-outs of the Snowflake Doily,
A reusable, to-go coffee cup . . .
A kraft pillow box . . .
round cork coasters and scrapbooking brads . . .
Become a gift set for a coffee drinker.
I had more ideas for this Snowflake Doily than I had time to implement, so here are a couple of other ideas for you.
- Turn it into a bag topper by folding it over a brown lunch bag or glassine bag like the two bags in this post.
- Sting several together to make a garland for your fireplace.
- Oh yeah . . . use it to embellish a card or scrapbook page. It's a perfect backdrop for the Who's That Girl stamps, like this one.
Come back at 10:00 PM EST tonight and, believe it or not, I'll show you a couple of more ideas for the Snowflake Doily Die-namic. Yep, I saved the best for last.
Meanwhile, here are some of the toys I used to make today's projects. Don't you just love what you can do with just paper and string, oh, and a really cool Die-namic.