Warm Wishes

May you have warm words on a cold evening,
a full moon on a dark night
and a smooth road all the way to your door.
   ~ Irish Blessing

All the teasing is over . . . because after a week of taunting you with all the new products being released at My Favorite Things, they're finally here. All of the new stamps and Die-namics are now available at the My Favorite Things Boutique!

Thank you, thank you to everyone who visited me this past week and especially to all of you who left such sweet comments. It's been a blast hanging out with the My Favorite Things team – they are the best of the best – and so are all of you!

Earlier today I showed you how you could use the Snowflake Doily Die-namic to make a window in a box or use it as an embellishment to alter a vintage canning jar, coffee cup, pillow box, or coaster.

So . . . without further delay . . . as promised, my final suggestions for crazy fun things you can do with the new Snowflake Doily Die-namic.

You can make the Snowflake Doily really pop with beads, rhinestones or pearls. I put some metal nail-head stickers on the points of the snowflake that coordinated with buttons the little Pure Innocence girl's coat.

I paper pierced the center of the snowflake (i.e., poked holes in it) using as my guide a very sophisticated and expensive tool (not!): Plastic Canvas. You can usually find sheets of this plastic canvas in different shapes at the big craft stores near the yarn.

And, lastly, you can use the Snowflake Doily to add some charm to your Christmas presents.

This Cosmo Cricket paper, Dear Mr. Claus, is one of my favs. I love its vintage feel. A new, tiny fabric shop in my town is carrying the same Cosmo Cricket line in Fabric. Shut the Front Door! It's so fun. I love making bows out of fabric strips – so, there you have it. I just may not let anyone open this present so I can keep admiring the wrapping and how nicely it coordinates with my card.

But, the gift needs a tag, and I promised to show you a trick with the new Postage Stamp Stax.

I cut this image out of the Cosmo Cricket paper and wanted to frame it with the Postage Stamp Stax Die-namic. This set has six nesting dies. The 1-1/2" wide by 1-1/8" long die was too small. The 2-1/4" wide by 1-5/8 " long had the right height, but it was too long.

So, I cut out the 2-1/4" wide by 1-5/8" wide die. Then, I put the cut paper back into the die but slid it up just one notch, like this. I taped it into place so it would stay put in the die cut machine.

Here's how it looks on the other side:

After it goes through the die cut machine, it looks like this.

Its the same width, but now it's shorter.

You can use this technique to trim your postage stamp size down a "notch" or two, or three horizontally or vertically . . . to just about any postage stamp size you need.

Here are the Copic markers I used, a fun vintage find I added as an embellishment to the card and package (love these flea market finds), and the rest of the toys from My Favorite Things I used to create this card and gift package.

Thanks again for letting me be a part of all the festivities surrounding this new release. It's been a blast.

Hugs,

1. You always make the most beautiful creations and inspire me so much. Thank you.

2. Gorgeous projects as always Linda, you rocked it!

3. I love when people come up with inventive ways to use ordinary items like your paper piercing “tool”. Beautiful card and tag.

4. WOW!! THANKS for sharing your BEAUTIFUL Projects!! I LOVE the FUN design and the NEAT wrapping!! Have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

5. Such pretty work, Linda!!! I just love the paper piecing on your sweet PI gal!! I like the little deer, too. He looks so vintage and reminds me of some of my Mom’s Christmas decorations!
    Tricia recently posted . . . Arise and ShineMy Profile

6. Gorgeous! Love the package!! Thanks for the chance to win!
    Carol D. recently posted . . . Card challengeMy Profile

7. Susan Tidwell says:

Great card and gift wrap! Love the traditional colors.

8. Lovin’ the colours! Great project … thanks for sharing!

9. Love your wonderful, festive cards/projects! And love your vintage finds! TFS!

10. Absolutely gorgeous!!! Love your work, Linda!! Spectacular job this month!!

11. liz schaefet says:

Has been great to see all the fun creations. How fun and what an honor

12. These are beautiful. Love the PI image on your pretty card. All your projects this week have been amazing and inspiring. So glad you were a guest DT member.

13. ADORABLE and TOTALLY FESTIVE card and coordinating giftie wrap!!! LOVE every single detail!!! Thanks for the inspiration!
    Lisa Petrella recently posted . . . Pretty Packaging Blog HopMy Profile

14. Linda, I have always enjoyed your works of he’art’ and this time is no different! Such lovely colors and awesome workmanship and attention to detail! Thanks for sharing! ~ Doris

15. Linda this is beautiful what a wonderful finale to this amazing hop, loved ur projects and the tutorial, TFS

16. Love the card and wrapped gift with the sweet image and snowflakes Very pretty :)
    davi recently posted . . . Christmas Project for FOSTVMy Profile

17. Rosa M. Vasquez says:

Clever girl! Your “vintage” look is so cool.

18. What a sweet, fun and festive set Linda! Love the paper pierced snowflake doily and all the shimmery detail!
    Mona Pendleton recently posted . . . Happy Valentine’s Day…MFT December New Product TourMy Profile

19. Donna Williams says:

Oh from my first glimpse this card captured my attention. I know its not PC to have favourites but this one is my favourite of the whole blog hop and the gift wrapping idea was the icing on the cake. My first visit to your blog but I will be a regular now. Thanks so very much for sharing.

20. These are adorable, love them!
    Holly AKA KopyKat recently posted . . . Elf BoyMy Profile

21. Christine Dearinger says:

Here comes Santa Claus……the fabric ribbon looks fantastic on your gift and I am so envious of your little bells.Love the vintage finish.
    Merry Christmas Linda.

22. Wonderful card and gift wrap! Love the use of the item to pierce the holes in the snowflake, cool! Thanks for sharing this. I also love the outfit off the P.I. girl, she looks stunning!

23. Darling projects!
    Melody Rupple recently posted . . . MFT’s December New Product TourMy Profile

24. Beautiful!!!

25. Good Morning sweetie these are just gorgeous, so love the colours you have used too, perfect showcasing the dies and stamps, hugs pops x

26. Totally adorable!!
    Mary J recently posted . . . Day 3 of the Lil’ Inker Designs new mini release blog hop!My Profile

27. Absolutely fabulous!! Love the traditional colours!!
    Tracey recently posted . . . Celebrating DadMy Profile

28. I totally LOVE visiting your blog! The cards, projects are great- so unique, & I appreciate the tips. You always make me smile!

29. Great projects! I love the festive colors and the tip is great! Thanks!

30. you are soooo creative! love how it all matches/coordinates. Your card is darling (LOVE that bell!!!) and the package is awesome tied up with that fabric.
    Lisa Henke recently posted . . . MFT December New Product Tour-{documented memories}My Profile

31. oh, forgot to add…..fantastic job all week (and month)!!! you rocked the GD spot :)

32. more fab creations and awesome tips, you rocked it this week…Congrat’s
    wendy recently posted . . . Your Next Stamp Blog HopMy Profile

33. BEAUTIFUL set! LOVE the colors – and the little bit of sparkle!

34. Beautiful set. Love the warm colors.

35. wow this is so adorable and I love how you showed how to make different sizes with the dies. So smart!!

36. Very Festive Christmas card. Wish I had a few of these to mail out for the holidays. Smooches…
    Felicia recently posted . . . On A Mission… "Otway Family – Missionary Trip"My Profile

37. It’s been great having you with us this month, Linda! Your projects all ROCKED and this one is no exception!
    Barbara Anders recently posted . . . Nikolaki vs Atelier VersaceMy Profile

38. Oh super festive cards. Love your die cutting tip!!

39. Sally Evans says:

I really, really like your card. I love the Christmas colors and how you put it all together! Awesome!!

40. BEAUTIFUL!!! I LOVE the card and wrap!! REALLY LOVED all your projects you did as GDT this month!!!
    Will keep on visiting your blog I really ENJOY it!!
    Have a GREAT day and Happy Holidays!
    BethieJ recently posted . . . Happy Holidays!My Profile

41. Amazing and beautiful, Linda!

42. Thanks for all the wonderful inspriation. This has bee a great release. I love the texture on her fur.

43. Rosemary D says:

beautiful projects… love all the retro/vintage touches that you included!!

44. totally love your sample

45. Miriam Prantner says:

These are great! I LOVE the gift wrapping!

46. Wow!!! Linda I have so ENJOYED seeing all your fabulous projects this week! You have been an amazing guest designer!!! Love what you did with the snowflake doily! I do love them on the wrapped package! They would make terrific tags!!!!

47. What adorable projects, love all the new dies!
    Joni52 recently posted . . . Boy and His DogMy Profile

48. What a sweet card and a gorgeous package!!
    Paula Laird recently posted . . . Mama Said There’d Be Days Like ThisMy Profile

49. Alyssa Clawson says:

So pretty! Love the vintage feel the colors and accents give. Great idea to use the snowflake doily to decorate a gift!

50. This is absolutely fabulous!!! LOVE your idea to alter the size of the postage stamp Die-namics!
    Karen Motz recently posted . . . Sincere SympathyMy Profile