love is all you need

I don't want to make money.
I just want to be fabulous.
    ~ Marilyn Monroe

Doodle Garden Far Out

Cool Beans! Yes, I actually do say that . . . and "Far Out" and "Right On". And, yes, even "Groovy Keen."

I am a child of the 70's. I wore hip-hugger, polyester, purple, bell-bottom pants to school nearly every day. Oh, and long, stringy hair – just like everyone else. And NO, I am not posting a picture as evidence. Just, you know, use your imagination. It was not pretty. But! It was fun!

Doodle Garden Far Out Cool Beans

I love this new Doodle Garden set and all the images is conjures up of growing up in a University town in the 70's (Bloomington, Indiana – Go Hoosiers!). I remember Grandma Heaton visiting one weekend from her small rural town and how horrified she was that some hippies (her words) were letting their baby run naked in their front yard. You know what I thought, right? Far Out!

Because . . .

AllYouNeedFr

All you need is some peace, love and understanding – and tie dye.

My Favorite Things New Product Tour

We did it! Jenny Peterson and I made it through our first release as full fledged members of the My Favorite Things (MFT) design team. Goodness gracious – far out and groovy keen – I still can't believe I got this gig. You guys have been so, so amazing with all your encouraging comments. And now, it's time for the big finale – the New Product Tour.

All the designers are highlighting each of the new sets and Die-namics NOW. And, even better still, you can purchase these new sets, inks and Die-namics NOW  in the Brand Spankin' New Boutique – no more teasing. Yay! Oops, I mean Far Out!

Of course, I'm highlighting one of the three new stamp sets from the new line, Doodle Garden: Far Out. (No, really, that's the name of the set.)

MFT Doodle Garden Far Out

I also used these, which, yay, are available now, too.

My Favorite Things Heart Doily

My Favorite Things Layered Heart Border

Accent It Labels and Tags

Here are the Copic markers and the other ingredients I used.

Doodle Garden Far Out Copic Markers

Finished size: 4-1/4" by 5-1/2".

Other ingredients include Memento Tuxedo Black dye ink, Little Yellow Bicycle Splash 6" x 6" Paper Pad, and Stampin' Up!'s Crystal Effects for the granny glasses (yes, I had those, too).

All right you rebels . . . I know you have places to go and other people to see . . . off with you. Go check out all the amazing eye candy from the other designers at the My Favorite Things blog. And, tell them Peace Out for me.

MFT Doodle Garden Far Out Card

1. I absolutely LOVE the paper you used here!!!! Perfect for this image and I love how you paper pieced the pants!!!!! LOVE IT

2. Such a cute card!!! Love it!
    Huggies ~
    Sharron

3. Angela R. says:

Far out, man! love IT!!!

4. Tricia Barber says:

COOL BEANS!! She is so cute!! Fantastic!

5. She is so cute love her paper pieced

6. So cool. Love the paper you used with her. Perfect. TFS

7. Linda Carson says:

LOL! This beauty will brighten someone’s day! Love it!

8. LOVE this card!! Could not have used a absolutely more perfect dp for the totally fun image!!! Im one from the flower child era too and this image conjures up all those old memories :)
    davi recently posted . . . Tuesday ThrowdowMy Profile

9. This card is so so cute. I just love the paper piecing you did on her jeans.
    What a fun pattern and so appropriate.
    Linda M recently posted . . . Mojo Monday Sketch ChallengeMy Profile

10. How stinkin cute is this! Paper piecing is darling. Can’t believe there were no peace signs in the DP but plenty of flower power.

11. ah the nostaglia of the 70′s-I loved wearing bell bottoms and the long hair-I look back at the pictures with fond memories-and I love your card-and your colors are so perfect for this little flower child

12. So adorable!

13. LMBO! Cool Beans is one of my fav sayings LOL…I totally love how you paper pieced her pants!! This set is a must-have :) WTG!

14. This is so adorable and the dp is so perfect with her.
    Holly AKA KopyKat recently posted . . . Key to My HeartMy Profile

15. Sandra Smith says:

I adore how you dressed up little Far Out! She so rocks! I use the term “cool beans” all the time so this set appeals a lot. I think it is so cool that you drew a background paper to the front bt piecing it on her dress. The Heart zDoily is going to be a new favorite for me as well as the Layered Heart Border. Your creations are inspiring.

16. This is so cute! Love the papers and wonderful colors.

17. All of your posts have been wonderful! Congratulations on making it through your first release on the design team! So excited about all of these wonderful new products – they are all “FAR OUT”!!!!
    Jill Norwood recently posted . . . Love UMy Profile

18. Debbie Nelson says:

Love it…what great colors and patterns!

19. LOL!! I am a child of the 60′s and 70′s myself and this Doodle Garden girl spoke to me big time!! Loved my bell bottoms and hair down to my waist. A flower child for sure! Your creations are always wonderful!

20. OK. Now I feel older. Yes, I wore the hip-hugger, bell bottoms. Used an iron to attempt to straighten my hair. Good memories, but don’t want to do it again. Adorable card, love your blog. You always make me smile!

21. Gorgeous! Your paper is so perfect! I love the pants lol. Gorgeous coloring as well.

22. Susie Draper says:

Wow! Love how you used the patterned paper from your background, and used it on the little girl.

23. Craftyfield says:

Great colours and patterns. Love the paper piecing and she’s so cute…

24. Congrat’s on your first release you totally nailed it !…terrific, far out, cool, totally rad :)

25. Oh my goodness! Those papers couldn’t be more perfect! SOOOO fun!!!

26. she is gorgeous! LOVE the colors and layout and all the accents you gave her. You rocked this release….well done!
    Lisa Henke recently posted . . . MFT January New Product Tour {Love Coupons}My Profile

27. Hi Linda, Love your card. She is so stinkin’ cute! You are so talented, glad you are a design team member now. Hope you had fun :o)
    Monique1971 recently posted . . . Praag, deel 1My Profile

28. This card screams happiness with the color combo and layout design! Like a ray of sunshine on a cloudy day!

29. Perfect! your card have a great colors and patterns!!!! Love it! so cute :)
    Andrew recently posted . . . Reasons you should go to a Fetish club!My Profile

30. Very sweet card and I just love these colors!

31. 1aquagirl says:

Love the use of paper from the era! Cool beans is way too cute!

32. Sooo cute! Have you noticed that those printed jeans are back in style? My daughter just wore some to school yesterday- cracked me up! Great job, Linda!

33. What an awesome job showcasing your projects with all the amazing MFT goodies. Makes me want/NEED it all – lol! Love all the new goodies!

34. I had go go boots, hot pants, and ponchos, boy did I ever think I was hot stuff in pre-school and 1st grade! ;) hysterical to look back on it now.

I so love this card and your fab paper piecing! so happy you are on this team full time!
    Jennifer Scull recently posted . . . Well I’ve Told All of You I’m Weird…..My Profile

35. Such a fun card, and fun blog! Congrats on being on the MFT Team! You are awesome! Have a fantastic day!

36. Great card, and Peace out to you also!!

37. so funky and cute love it.
    jan farnworth recently posted . . . PSC16 Friendship with sketchMy Profile

38. this card is far out! har har. So cute I just love her !

39. liz schaefet says:

How sweet is thus

40. This has been an exciting release, especially these new designs. I love all your work on this card. Thanks for sharing.

41. Cool card–love her pants!

42. SueFitzGerald says:

Awesome <3

43. This is sooo Freakin’ Adorable. What a Perfect & Creative way of matching her pants with the background paper. The card is certainly…”Cool Beans” in my book. Smooches…
    Felicia recently posted . . . Happy New Year…2013!!!My Profile

44. This is so groovy! I love her pants. Your color choices are fabulous. Congratulations again. You did a fabulous job during the release!
    Tonya H recently posted . . . Blog Candy WinnerMy Profile

45. Ok so since you shared….I am going to say my favorites that are out of style! Neat!!!!! and Cool!!!! Seriously, I would write those on my comments but I am afraid what people would think! But I that Far Out girl is just so COOL!!! LOVE her pants! I had a few bell bottoms myself!!!!!! 70′s girl here myself!
    AngieB recently posted . . . MFP a HC Sneak PeekMy Profile

46. OMGOSH! Those PANTS!! I LOVE them! This is absolutely the CUTEST!
    Michele Boyer recently posted . . . MFT January New Product TourMy Profile

47. enjoyed your post, made me laugh. i remember those days but i wasn’t a child, just acting like one, i was just in my twenties. VERY CUTE card and matches your description so accurately. I just had to smaile at this. thank you for sharing with us.
    Janeen recently posted . . . Winter IS….My Profile

48. Miriam Prantner says:

What a cute card! Love the piecing and love the sentiment!

49. Awesome!!!! Love the colors! So excited you are on the team now! :)
    Paula Laird recently posted . . . Mama Said There’d Be Days Like ThisMy Profile