Yee Haw

My heroes have always been cowboys.
And they still are, it seems.
Sadly, in search of, but one step in back of,
Themselves and their slow-movin' dreams.
   ~ lyrics by Sharon Vaughn, performed by Willie Nelson

MFT New Release Banner

You all have been so, so amazing with all your encouraging comments throughout the month's Teaser Times. Thank you for all your sweet comments. And now, it's time for the big finale – the New Product Tour.

a la modes Cowboy at Heart

All the designers are highlighting each of the new sets and Die-namics NOW. And, even better still, all the new sets, inks and Die-namics have been corralled into the Brand Spankin' New Boutique – no more teasing. Yay! Oops, I mean, Yee Haw!

This new à la mode set, Cowboy at Heart, makes my Texas heart go all flutter. Now, I love my Yankee husband, but, dang, those Cowboys . . . well, that's all I'm saying. If I say more, My husband might get a rope.

a la modes Cowboy at Heart Card

Can you tell how much I love the Fishtail Flags STAX Die-namics? I used those for the calico, plaid and polka dot banners.

The handsome cowboy is fussy cut, Copic colored and paper pieced onto some distressed paper and framed with the Oval STAX Set 1 and Oval STAX Set 2 Die-namics.

I like to use just a hint of black to make other colors pop, so I used the Black Licorice Cardstock for borders and the new Barbed Wire Fence Die-namic. The Black Licorice Dye Ink is so juicy and gives such lovely thick lines, it makes cutting out all the details just a tad easier.

Tabasco Card

I decided to spice up the inside of the card. Yes, bad pun intended.

I used Hemp Cord to tie some Tabasco sauce to the inside of my card. Cute, right? (And, handy, if you like pepper sauce.)

Tips & Techniques

Here's just a little tip for this card. The red bandana pattern on the inside of my card is actually fabric. I just loved this vintage fabric and I knew it would be perfect for a Western-themed card some day. If you use an iron to apply a heat transfer fabric interfacing to the back of your fabric before you run cut it with your dies, it won't ravel. I ran the Black Licorace cardstock and this fabric through the die-cut machine with the gorgeous but super simple Bracket Edge Duo Die-namic.

Use a Sand colored Spica glitter pen to make the gold belt buckle shine.

Here are the rest of the ingredients to my heart-fluttering cowboy card.

MFT ALM Cowboy at Heart

MFT Die-namics Barbed Wire Fence

Other ingredients: October Afternoon Sasparilla 8 x 8 Paper Pad; Memento Tuxedo Black Dye Ink (around Copics),Copics (E30, E00 and E000 for skin; E31, E33 and E37 for rope; YR24 and YR21 for hair); vintage blue seam binding; Tabasco Brand Pepper Sauce. I used this week's Deconstructed Sketch No. 87 (DS87).

Time for me to ride off into the sunset. Have fun shopping!

You Roped Me In Tabasco

1. LOL! Cute card, Linda!! Great paper piecing, too!!
    Tricia T recently posted . . . Hugs and KissesMy Profile

2. Oh my gracious! Fabulous cards!!! I actually lived in Lafayette, LA not all that far from Avery Island where they make Tabasco sauce! I even have the t-shirt to prove it! LOL Both of your cards are fabulous but I might be a tiny bit partial to the Tabasco sauce one! :)
    AngieB recently posted . . . Just Because!My Profile

3. Fab job!! Love how you cut him out and the cool dps to go with him. The inside is so cool with the fabric borders and fun Tabasco, so perfect for us Westerners :)

4. So cute. Love your coloring of the cute cowboy. Love the fun inside too. TFS

5. A Yankee husband huh…………not sure if that means war of not. So funny – and your card is wonderful, right down to the Tabsco!
    Susan Hogan recently posted . . . Doilies are all the go at the moment!My Profile

6. These are so cute, I love them
    Holly AKA KopyKat recently posted . . . Made for youMy Profile

7. Helen Cole says:

Linda, I just love your quirkiness!! Great stories to go with the amazing creations!

8. Fabulous lil’ cowboy and your Tabasco card is….hot. LOL Thank you for sharing!
    Carol W. recently posted . . . Graphicat Design Sketch 21My Profile

9. Farley Cross says:

Your cards make me smile.

10. Wow. This is fabulous, love the bandana inside, gorgeous piecing

11. Sandi Smith says:

Love the bright and colorful card. Cute idea with the Tobasco Sauce.

12. These are so cute! I love the tiny tabasco sauce :)

13. these are great masculine cards, wonderful inspiration!
    Stacy recently posted . . . MFT Scrap sketchMy Profile

14. These are so cute! I love the paper piecing on the first one.

I don’t know what happened but you were not showing up in my google reader any more. I got you re-added so that I don’t miss out on any more of your fabulous creations.
    Cheryl (Shestamps) recently posted . . . Whimsy & Stars Studio February Blog HopMy Profile

15. Absolutely fabulous! I adore the paper piecing.

16. CUTE! Love the hot sauce!!
    Carol Doggett recently posted . . . PreciousMy Profile

17. Gorgeous card! The fishtail flags are definitely my favorite die. The inside of your card is just too cute! Love that little bottle.
    Cindi Flass recently posted . . . KK Challenge 164 – TextureMy Profile

18. Wow! Amazing!
    Denise W. recently posted . . . A few new cardsMy Profile

19. Holy Hot-Sauce! He’s a rootin’-tootin’ cutie-pie!!
    Cheryl First
    aka Cafexpressions

20. wow! that cowboy is sooooo FAB!!!! love the papers and your details. love the bracket detail on that second one.
    Lisa Henke recently posted . . . New Product Tour{MFT Feb. Release}My Profile

21. fun adorable and SPICY !
    wendy recently posted . . . The Cat’s Pajamas !My Profile

22. Love the hot sauce card! How totally fun!! Great work on both projects.

23. Rosemary D says:

what a fantastic card… love my fishtail flag stax dies, too!!

24. wow I just adore western cards but this tabasco card is AMAZING!!! So stinkin cute!!!

25. Wow…your cards are fantastic!!! So darn smokin’ hot. LOL

26. oh my gosh, Linda, these are super fun! love that little bottle of Tabasco….. my guys would eat that up in a heartbeat! ;)
    Jennifer Scull recently posted . . . Be Mine at Top Tip TuesdayMy Profile

27. totally fun card thanks for sharing.

28. What a cute cowboy! TFS!
    Katherine recently posted . . . Bee Awesome!My Profile

29. Gaby Durruti says:

Me encantan tus tarjetas pero me encantanya que le agregaste la salsa y los suajes estan increíbles. Felicidades

30. LOVE this card! I knew you would love the a la modes this month! Great paper piecing, and I love the tobasco on the inside (woman after my own heart!).

31. Miriam Prantner says:

I LOVE the Tabasco card! Such a great idea!

32. Ha ha! Super cute!! Love the hot sauce :) and all that paper piecing is awesome!
    Lori Turner recently posted . . . MFTWSC109 & CQC#174 – You Are BeautifulMy Profile

33. Linda, awesome card as always. I love how you write on your blog. I really enjoy reading your comments and stories…hihi

Thanks for sharing all these wonderful cards in the past few days, such great inspiration and fun.

34. I have enjoyed your creativity this week and look forward to reading your latest post

35. Love the paper piecing on the cowboy- he’s great! The hot sauce on the front is perfect!

36. Your cards are very cute and clever. Love the coloring.!
    Felicia recently posted . . . WE Think You’re Amazing…My Profile

37. Love the hot sauce card – very creative!!!

38. Tricia Barber says:

Wow! Your card is fantastic!! What great ideas you guys have shared — this is such a fantastic finale!

39. Angela R. says:

Oh, you’re killin’ me with that little Tabasco bottle! I love that stuff! (originally from La. so i HAVE to, hehe!) This is just TOO cool!

40. Nothing short of fabulous!! Love the fabric and the card layers!
    Betty Sue recently posted . . . MFTWSC109My Profile

41. Absolutely wonderful and how clever of you to rope in the tabasco sauce! The paper choices the layout right down to the coloring is just superb!

42. Great paper piecing and I love the little bottle of Tobasco sauce! Great use of fabric – it’s perfect for this card!
    Julia D. recently posted . . . PoppiesMy Profile

43. liz schaefet says:

How fun cant wait till next month

44. Love the rustic look of these cards! So cute!

45. Linda Carson says:

totally too cool! Thanks for tip on how to use fabrics and die cuts!!

46. So creative!