Pretty Poppies

That we find a crystal or a poppy beautiful
means that we are less alone,
that we are more deeply inserted into existence
than the course of a single life would lead us to believe.
     ~ John Berger

MFT Pretty Poppies Blossom

Welcome everyone. I'm so excited. Today is Day #1 of the My Favorite Things Teaser Time – a week-long party revealing the newest products. And, holy smokes. You're in for some big treats, starting with this gorgeous set designed by Lisa Johnson, Pretty Poppies, and the new Blueprints Die-namics.

I did the research, really I did. I know poppies are traditionally red. Gorgeous, luscious red.

But, there really are pink poppies, too.

My Favorite Things Pretty Poppies

While I was making these two cards, I had visions of Dorothy, the Tin Man, the Cowardly Lion, and Toto, prancing through the poppy field. Poppies are such beautiful, mystical, and magical flowers.

Here's the inside of this card.

Thinking of You

This week we're revealing Blueprint #1. (Yes! There will be more!) Each set of Blueprint Die-namics includes building-block shapes but, and this is so crazy exciting, they also include design plans. You can follow any of the four sketches provided with Blueprint #1, or mix and match the elements to be your own architect. Just watch the MFT blog this week for more details and sneaky peaks of the design plans.

This Pretty Poppies set is so gorgeous, and the Blueprint design plan made assembling this card so easy, well, I just couldn't stop. I made a second card.

PrettyPoppyHorizontalFr

Aren't the fonts freakin' gorgeous with this set? Here's the very simple inside of my second card.

HappyBirthdayFr

Well, you know why they call this week Teaser Time, right? Because, as gorgeous and fun as these new products are, you can't buy them just yet. The My Favorite Things (MFT) release, including all new stamp sets and Die-namics, is on March 11 at 10:00 PM EST.  You'll find all the newest products HERE at release time.

Here are the sets we're revealing today. If you'd like to see all of the teasers just click on over to the MFT Blog. Be sure to leave comments as you visit the designers for the chance to win $10.00 gift certificates given away daily.

MFT Blueprint 1

Poppies and Leaves Image Map

Here are the rest of the ingredients.

Finished size of both cards is 4-1/4" by 5-1/2".  The pattern paper is from Heidi Swapp's Vintage Chic 8" x 8" Paper Pack. I added a little Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Stickles (Rock Candy) to the blossoms.

My Favorite Things Teaser Time

So, you heard it here first (well, maybe) . . . the new stamps and Die-namics will go on sale on March 11 after the New Release Party. Here what else is rockin'.

• Mark your calendars now for the New Release Party on March 11 from 8:00 PM to 10:00 PM EST HERE in the MFT forum, where you can WIN PRIZES!
  • The guest designer contest is going on now!  Check out the forum for details on how YOU can win over $200 in stamp sets and Die-namics.

Lisa Johnson Pretty Poppies

1. Christine Dearinger says:

I love it Linda!!!Fabulous work.

2. Very sweet!

3. Poppies are my FAVOURITE – gorgeous, gorgeous cards Linda :)
    Lyndal recently posted . . . A Freshly Made Play Date…My Profile

4. if they are handmade, then they are fantastic
    promdraws recently posted . . . Political Art of Anselm KieferMy Profile

5. Gorgeous cards! I love the poppies in pink and your papers are beautiful.
    Cindi Flass recently posted . . . DaffodilsMy Profile

6. gorgoues in pink! looove how you did up these poppies!
    Lisa Henke recently posted . . . MFT March Teaser Time {day 1-Poppies and Blueprints}My Profile

7. Very pretty! Love the pink poppies!
    Margie Visnick recently posted . . . There Is Nothing So Lovely…My Take On a Shimelle SketchMy Profile

8. Wonderful cards!
    Alina I recently posted . . . Happy birthdayMy Profile

9. Love how you used the blueprint system. Your poppies are beautiful.
    Elizabeth recently posted . . . Scrapbook Sunday: Weekend WalkMy Profile

10. Cathy Max says:

Love the soft subtle colors you chose. I need to think outside of the box more often.

11. Love your pink poppies!

12. love the gentle delicate pink in it

13. Love the non traditional soft colors on your Linda….so neat to see these poppies done in many different ways! Love it !

14. This is just lovely, Linda!! I love the new BluePrints!!!
    Tricia T recently posted . . . The Fountain of LifeMy Profile

15. Lisa P. says:

Love how different this card is … such pretty colours!

16. I love your pink poppies, Linda, beautiful cards!

17. your poppies are just beautiful! I really like that new blueprints die. looks like there are so many fun things that can be done with it. :)
    Jennifer Scull recently posted . . . Happy Birthday, Dear Jocelyn! :) My Profile

18. Love the poppies in pink!
    Melody Rupple recently posted . . . MFT March Teasers Day 1 – HelloMy Profile

19. Rosemary D says:

love the poppies done in light pink!! absolutely gorgeous!!!

20. Fabulous designs! Love the Poppies with the touch of glitter. Love seeing the different ways to create with the Blueprints!!!
    AngieB recently posted . . . Speedy Fox & Friends 149 – Joy FoldMy Profile

21. Love your take on the poppies! Love the pink!! The blueprints are such a great idea!
    Betty Sue recently posted . . . My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch ChallengeMy Profile

22. Pat McCleary says:

Beautiful cards. That frosted pink poppy is stunning.

23. Love this!!! Love the patterned paper!!! This release ROCKS so far!!!
    AMY ELY recently posted . . . NEW RELEASEMy Profile

24. Lovely cards, Linda!!

25. Karen Harris says:

Very pretty cards!

26. Loving your pink poppies! So pretty!!
    Tracey recently posted . . . Just for fun….My Profile

27. Clarissa says:

Beautiful delicate interpretation. Love the soft colours.

28. JoAnn B. says:

These are all beautiful. Love the pink poppies.

29. I love love love the pink poppies! Amazing!

Hugs;
    Shari
    Shari Green recently posted . . . OCS March Challenge – Anything GoesMy Profile

30. Holy Crap, your designs are so fabulous, love them.
    Holly AKA KopyKat recently posted . . . Morehead MarriageMy Profile

31. Gorgeous! I’m glad pink poppies are ok, I have some later in the week!

32. Marilyn in E~Town says:

Beautiful card!

33. These are so pretty in pink!
    Karen Motz recently posted . . . MFTeaser – Mix of the MonthMy Profile

34. Love your soft colors and the sparkle. Very pretty.

35. Wowza! So Very Pretty. I truly must scrap-lift until I find a way to lift my FAV cards from the screen. lol
    Felicia recently posted . . . I {Heart} YOUMy Profile

36. Love your creations using the new set which is beautiful!! They are all Amazing and the details make them come to life!! THANKS for sharing and have a Fabulous Week!! Have a Fabulous Week!! =)
    Larissa Heskett =) recently posted . . . Camera Craze Challenge!!My Profile

37. I love the soft colors on these cards. They are sooo elegant. Very Beautiful!
    Felicia recently posted . . . I {Heart} YOUMy Profile

38. CUTE! Love all your colors! And your layout’s are fabulous! I LOVE the inside of the 1st card!
    I thought it was a card front! HA
    Rachel Gaugler recently posted . . . Blessed!My Profile