Sweet and Sassy

Glad you got to see me.
   ~ Clyde Black (Dad)

SweetandInnocencePIFr

Sassy runs in our family.

Starting with my Dad. Well, Dad was just a great joker. Really, he had a joke for every occasion.

So, after every visit, when we got ready to leave, he got the last joke. With a hug and a peck on the cheek, he'd laugh and say: "Glad you got to see me."

SweetandSassyFr

Dad's been gone for several years but the sass lingers.

My kids and I keep his joke running. Whenever we get ready to go it's a contest to see who remembers to say it first – "Glad you got to see me."

But, my girl got the last say.

After a weekend visit, I gave her a hug, a peck on the cheek and then I beat her to it . . . . "Glad you got to see me."

With a sly smile, she hugged me back and said: "That makes one of us."

Oh, Smack Down! I laughed so hard I nearly cried.

My Dad would be so proud!

MFT Pre Release Rally

We've teased and tempted you all week long, but the wait is almost over. It's almost time for you to shop for your favorite Brand Spankin' New products from My Favorite Things (MFT).

But first . . . it's time for our Die-namics Feature and Pre-Release Pep Rally!

The Design Team has saved the best for last. We're taking an in-depth look at this month's Die-namics, while re-visiting the amazing sets being released tonight at 10:00 PM EST HERE in the MFT Boutique.

I'm featuring the new Party Banner and Grassy Edges Die-namics with this darling new Pure Innocence Feeling Sassy stamp set.

MFT_PI_FeelingSassy_Preview-300x300

MFT_OwnYourStory_PreviewGraphic

MFT_OwnYourStory_PreviewGraphic

Tips & Techniques

The Grassy Edges Die-namics don't have a bottom edge cut, which means you can make the grass as tall as you like. It's perfect for cutting out the base to go on a embroidery hoop frame. I added just a little Clear Rock Candy Distress Stickles to the grass to make it look like it still had some morning dew on it.

Cut out the Party Banner twice and layer it with plain, darker cardstock for a shadow effect (like the Black Licorice Cardstock I used). I grounded the flags with Black Licorice Buttons and Hemp Cord.

My sassy daughter helps me keep the pulse on what's trending in the Indie craft world, and embroidery hoops are hot, hot, hot. I wrote some tips for how to create an embroidery-hoop-framed project here.

Here are the Copic markers I used and other ingredients.

Feeling Sassy Copic Markers

Other ingredients: 4" wood embroidery hoop; Memento Tuxedo Black Dye Ink; Copic Markers; DMC Embroidery Floss in Ecro; My Minds Eye 6 x 6 Sunshine Designer Paper Pad from the Lost and Found series; Ranger Clear Rock Candy Distress Stickles.

MFTSweetandSassyFr

1. What a sweet hoop, great scene for her

2. This is adorable!!! I’m loving this idea. Love your color combo too!!
    AMY ELY recently posted . . . CHALLENGE SATURDAYMy Profile

3. WOW!! Beautiful creation for today!! I LOVE the colors and the Fun design!! All of the added details really make it pop!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)
    Larissa Heskett =) recently posted . . . “Smile” Trend Watch Challenge for Paper Smooches!! =)My Profile

4. Christine Dearinger says:

Fabulous tag…love all the new dienamics you have used and even that old fence looks good and ties it all together.

5. Clarissa says:

What a gorgeous project! And I love your story :)

6. Awesome creation!

7. She is so sassy and cute. Thanks for all the inspiration this week; I always enjoy visiting.

8. Darci Powers says:

Oh this is such a cute project and your family story that goes with it is super sweet. It is amazing how much even when we have lost a loved one they (and often their words) are still always with us! The hop has been truly wonderful….I am in awe of all of your talents and the MFT products, HOLEY MOLEY :) !!!!!

9. This is gorgeous! Love the story about your Dad and your family. Have a great day!
    Cindi Flass recently posted . . . DaffodilsMy Profile

10. Such a great project. Love the color combo.

11. So adorable, love the cute design and colors you used with her.
    Holly AKA KopyKat recently posted . . . Got Peeps?My Profile

12. So cute! Love the hoop!
    Paula Laird recently posted . . . Black TieMy Profile

13. Oh my! This is cute!!! I wonder if I have any more wooden hoops around. Terrific idea! Just might have to do something like this for MIL! Love the colors and the fence is a fun touch!!!

So um….without sounding too sassy, Glad you got to see my comment!

Seriously though, I love visiting your blog, so MUCH inspiration!
    AngieB recently posted . . . Speedy Fox & Friends 150 – ShapeMy Profile

14. Cathy Max says:

Great story you shared. My daughters would have said the same thing.
    Your project is darling. Love the colors you chose.

15. So adorable. Love this sweet and sassy PI image.

16. Girl, you are wearing me out with your hoop art. Every time you create a new one I kick myself for not making my own yet. Thanks for keeping me inspired AND kicking my booty to get into gear!
    God’s blessings on your day,
    Sarah :)

17. Love this Linda!! Gorgeous!!
    Tracey recently posted . . . A layout & a fun video!My Profile

18. Karen Harris says:

Great card. Love your paper and color choices!

19. I so love this paper pieced project, but your story is the most precious of all! :)

have a great week!
    Jennifer Scull recently posted . . . Pastel Easter EggMy Profile

20. I love all the PI’s. Such a c great, cute card.

21. I love all the PI’s. Such a great, cute card.

22. I agree with your sentiment. What a Sweet and Sassy Card. Great Coloring too!
    Felicia recently posted . . . I {Heart} YOUMy Profile

23. Liz scahefer says:

HOw fabulous. See you next month.

24. Denise Bryant says:

Love your story about your Dad!
    Great hoop project! Love the colors and papers you chose, and the paper piecing!

25. Rosemary D says:

super cute card… love the story about your dad!!

26. thank you so much for sharing that amazing story with me! So touching! Your sassy little girlis so cute!

Hugs;
    Shari
    Shari Green recently posted . . . Thinking of you…My Profile

27. Oh my word TOTAL CUTENESS~!

28. Colors are just fab. Keep it up
    Viren recently posted . . . Should You Bother Email Marketing To Seniors?My Profile

29. I love this, how did you attach the the paper to the embroidary hoop? this would make a great wall hanging

• Rebecca – so glad you liked it. I just cut the circle to fit the top of the inner ring of the embroidery hoop and glued it to the top of it.