I am at the moment deaf in the ears,
hoarse in the throat, red in the nose,
green in the gills, damp in the eyes,
twitchy in the joints and fractious in temper
from a most intolerable and oppressive cold.
~ Charles Dickens
I hope no one I know needs this anytime soon, but I'm prepared! Using the new Pure Innocence Under the Weather stamp set and a bunch of goodies I'm all set – Nurse Linda To the Rescue.
And my super power – this freakin' big, stinkin' cute get well kit full of goodies . . .
and an adorable tag-shaped card.
I kind of went a little overboard. I covered just about anything anyone might need when they're feeling down. Including Chocolate! Always!
I made a little Tissue Coozie to hold pocket-size tissues. The Coozie needed a cute little tag, of course, which I made with the Mix and Match Banner Die-Namics.
Now, knowing my luck, I'll be the first one to need this little kit. Yes, that's why I added Chocolate. Always!
You all have been so, so amazing with all your encouraging comments throughout the month's Teaser Times. Thank you for all your sweet comments. And now, it's time for the big finale – the New Product Tour.
All the designers are highlighting each of the new sets and Die-namics NOW. And, even better still, all the new sets, inks and Die-namics have been corralled into the Brand Spankin' New Boutique – no more teasing.
I'm a huge, huge fan of the Pure Innocence illustrations, so I jumped at the chance to highlight this new set, Under the Weather.
Tips & Techniques
As soon as I saw this adorable Under the Weather set I knew I wanted to put together a Get Well Kit. Here are some ideas I came up with – and yes, I had to restrain myself a little. My favorite places to shop for these things are Bath and Body Works, Target and World Market; oh yeah, and a Pharmacy is a great place to start, too.
- Comfort with foods like gourmet soup mixes and crackers or trail mix (heart-healthy nuts, roasted sunflower seeds and Reese's Pieces).
- Encourage fluids with flavored tea and honey or bottled water and fresh lemon.
- Smash boredom with a good page-turner novel, puzzle books, magazines, DVDs, or an iTunes gift card.
- Pamper with lotion, soft socks, tissue packets, lip gloss, manicure kit, hair accessories, and body spray.
- Take away the ache with hot water bottles or rice heating pads.
- Smash the coooties with antimicrobial products, tissues and novelty band-aides.
- Throw in some scented candles – just because I like candles.
- Duh! It bears repeating. Chocolate! Always!
Here are the markers I used and the other My Favorite Things toys I used to make this kit.
Other ingredients: Fabric is Bistro by Deb Strain for moda; Stampin' Up! Satin Ribbon, Stampin' Up! Jumbo Eyelets, Memento Tuxedo Black Dye Ink, My Mind's Eye On The Bright Side 6" x 6" Designer Paper Pad. I used Deconstructed Sketch No. 92.
My Kit Contents.
- From World Market: Toblerone Chocolate Bar, Ernest Hemingway Highland Select Tea, Burt's Bees Lip Balm, Clear Basket Bag, White Crinkle, Red Malamine Batter Bowl.
- From Target: Method Hand Sanitizer, Up & Up Ibuprofen, & Kleenex Pocket Pack Facial Tissues.
- From Container Store: Ouch novelty bandages.
Stay healthy out there!Pin It