Your hand and your mouth agreed many years ago that,
as far as chocolate is concerned, there is no need to involve your brain.
Take it from Nurse Linda. Chocolate has flavinoids, antioxidant polyphenols, phenethylamine, and about 300 other identified chemicals. Real smart people have published articles that say it lowers blood pressure, slows blood clots, lowers cholesterol, clears a cough, works as a laxative, and, of course is an aphrodisiac.
The next time you have a headache and nothing else is working, try chocolate.
Ah, shoot. Forget all that mumbo jumbo about health properties.
It’s chocolate – who needs an excuse.
Tips & Techniques
There isn’t much you need to do to ever improve on Lindt chocolate. I just added a little removable band to pretty up the package. This will make sweet gifts for my girlfriends – assuming the chocolate lasts long enough (very unlikely).
You can find these boxed Lindt chocolate bars in Target and World Market. To make this belly band chocolate wrapper, it’s super easy.
- Cut some vellum cardstock 5-1/2″ by 10″ and score it at 2-3/4″, 3-1/4″, 6-3/4″ and 7-1/4″
- Embossed vellum is so yummy. I ran this through Cuttlebug’s Dotted Swiss embossing folder.
- Add two strips of the new Dotted Scallop border to the top and bottom.
- Wrap the scallop-bordered, scored and embossed vellum around the candy bar and glue the overlapping pieces of vellum together at the back.
- Wrap some gold cord around the candy bar four times and then add a tag made with the Well Worn Greetings Die-namic and the new Clearly Sentimental Chocolate Sentiments stamps.
- Add a bow and some charms with some glue dots.
- Try not to eat the chocolate before you can give your gift away.
Here are the other goodies I used. The links to the newest My Favorite Things toys will work after the release on May 7.
Finished size: 7-1/2″ by 3-1/2″ by 1/2″. Other ingredients: My Mind’s Eye Moments Paper Pad, vellum card stock, Ranger Clear Rock Candy Distress Stickles, Cuttlebug Dotted Swiss embossing folder, vintage charms, Stampin’ Up! gold cord, Lindt chocolate bar.
You can buy this new Chocolate Sentiments stamp set and any of the new products on May 7 at 10:00 PM EST. Be sure to check the My Favorite Things Blog to see what other chocolately goodness the rest of the team has come up with today.Pin It