Life moves pretty fast.
If you don’t stop to look around once in a while you could miss it.
~From Ferris Bueller’s Day Off
I think Ferris Bueller would like the sentiments from this new stamp set, Chalkboard Greetings. He’s a Carpe Diem, Sieze the Day kind of guy.
If you’ve never watched the move, Ferris Bueller’s Day Off, you must seize the moment Right Now. Here’s the 1986 trailer.
Danke schön, right?!
Tips & Techniques
I created this black panel with a little adjustment to the chalkboard technique.
If you want try the chalkboard technique with just a hint of color, here’s the trick.
- white pigment (craft) ink,
- white embossing powder,
- embossing buddy,
- heat gun,
- sponge daubers,
- dark cardstock, and a
- paper towel.
Step by Step
- Wipe your cardstock down with your embossing buddy. Stamp the sentiment with white pigment ink, coat with white embossing powder and heat set. (Sometimes it sets more evenly if you point the heat gun from the back side of the paper.) Set it aside until it has a chance to cool down and is no longer sticky.
- Selectively stamp the sentiment again. (I just stamped the words Day and Good) with the white pigment ink. Shift the design just slightly to the right for a shadow effect.
- Twist a sponge dauber in the chalk and then dab it over the offset, stamped image quickly, before it dries. Keep adding chalk to the wet ink until you think you have enough color.
- Use your paper towel to wipe off any access chalk. It will not remove the chalk that was applied onto the wet pigment ink.
- To add some chalk “dust”. Use another paper towel and blend some more of the white pigment ink onto the background — around the sentiments or in the corners.
Almost makes you miss the classroom, doesn’t it?
It’s another fun day of teasers at the My Favorite Things blog. This Chalkboard Greetings stamp set and Insert It 3″ x 4″ Notepad Die-namic are just a couple of toys being revealed today. Be sure to stop in at the My Favorite Things blog to see what other crazy fun things are happening.
Here are all the supplies I used. The links for the newest toys from My Favorite Things will be functional after the release on May 7.
Finished size: 5-1/2″ by 5-1/2″. Additional Supplies include Stampin’ Up! Whisper White Pigment (Craft) ink, Stampin’ Up! white embossing powder, Stampin’ Up! Stampin’ Pastels (Bashful Blue), Stampin’ Up! black brads, Fancy Pants Designs 6″ x 6″ Paper Pad Etcetera, My Mind’s Eye twine.