Carpe Diem

Life moves pretty fast.
If you don’t stop to look around once in a while you could miss it.
~From Ferris Bueller’s Day Off

Good Day

I think Ferris Bueller would like the sentiments from this new stamp set, Chalkboard Greetings. He’s a Carpe Diem, Sieze the Day kind of guy.

HereandNowFr

If  you’ve never watched the move, Ferris Bueller’s Day Off, you must seize the moment Right Now. Here’s the 1986 trailer.

Danke schön, right?!

Tips & Techniques

I created this black panel with a little adjustment to the chalkboard technique.

Good Day Panel

If you want try the chalkboard technique with just a hint of color, here’s the trick.

Supplies

You’ll need:

• white pigment (craft) ink,
  • white embossing powder,
  • embossing buddy,
  • heat gun,
  • sponge daubers,
  • chalks,
  • dark cardstock, and a
  • paper towel.

Chalkboard Technique Supplies

Step by Step

• Wipe your cardstock down with your embossing buddy. Stamp the sentiment with white pigment ink, coat with white embossing powder and heat set. (Sometimes it sets more evenly if you point the heat gun from the back side of the paper.) Set it aside until it has a chance to cool down and is no longer sticky.
  • Selectively stamp the sentiment again. (I just stamped the words Day and Good) with the white pigment ink.  Shift the design just slightly to the right for a shadow effect.
  • Twist a sponge dauber in the chalk and then dab it over the offset, stamped image quickly, before it dries. Keep adding chalk to the wet ink until you think you have enough color.
  • Use your paper towel to wipe off any access chalk. It will not remove the chalk that was applied onto the wet pigment ink.
  • To add some chalk “dust”.  Use another paper towel and blend some more of the white pigment ink onto the background — around the sentiments or in the corners.

Chalkboard Greetings

Almost makes you miss the classroom, doesn’t it?

My Favorite Things Teaser TimeIt’s another fun day of teasers at the My Favorite Things blog. This Chalkboard Greetings stamp set and Insert It 3″ x 4″ Notepad Die-namic are just a couple of toys being revealed today. Be sure to stop in at the My Favorite Things blog to see what other crazy fun things are happening.

Here are all the supplies I used. The links for the newest toys from My Favorite Things will be functional after the release on May 7.

Finished size: 5-1/2″ by 5-1/2″. Additional Supplies include Stampin’ Up! Whisper White Pigment (Craft) ink, Stampin’ Up! white embossing powder, Stampin’ Up! Stampin’ Pastels (Bashful Blue), Stampin’ Up! black brads, Fancy Pants Designs 6″ x 6″ Paper Pad Etcetera, My Mind’s Eye twine.

Good Day

1. Christine Dearinger says:

Love this technique Linda.Thanks for sharing.Your card really does hit the mark for me..go to the top of the class!

2. I love this Linda!! A gorgeous card!!
    Tracey recently posted . . . In Daddy’s ShoesMy Profile

3. Celeste Goff says:

Love the chalkboard sentiment but adore all of the fishtail banners you put behind it…so pretty!

4. Beautiful card! I love the papers and dimension.
    Cindi Flass recently posted . . . RCC80 Showers and FlowersMy Profile

5. Fun!!! And Yes, I have seen that movie! Bueller! Bueller! Bueller! LOL Great card! Beautiful shadow effect!
    AngieB recently posted . . . Speedy Fox & Friends 158 – Faux LeatherMy Profile

6. oh these are so beautiful

7. fabulous cards, Linda, and thanks for the step by step tutorial!
    Alina recently posted . . . Zomaar…My Profile

8. I love this sentiment! Great card.

9. Liz scahefer says:

Great colors fun card.. Looking forward to adding these to my wishlist.

10. really fab Linda…great release day..lovin it all

11. Love your card with the neutral colors. It really works for me! Thanks so much for sharing the chalkboard tutorial. I will have to try this technique when I get my new goodies from MFT.

12. RedGem says:

Beautiful card and appreciate the tips for the chalkboard technique. Looking forward to the release.

13. Love your example! Those layered flags are wonderful.

14. Vickie Z says:

Love all the neutrals with the chalkboard…great twist!

15. Tammy Hasnon says:

Love the neutral colors with the chalkboard technique. It is so attractive.

16. Thank you for sharing instructions for the chalkboard technique! I can’t wait to try it! LOVE your card!

17. Great card – I love all of the layers of tags on it – great job!
    Deanne Gutierrez recently posted . . . Scrapbook Layouts for my Grandson’s First Year #3My Profile

18. Denise Bryant says:

Great set of stamps to use for this chalkboard technique! Great card!

19. Pamela A says:

Loving these chalkboard cards – Great JOB!

20. I’d love to share your terrific card on next Trendy Tuesday post for Paper Crafters Library, you can check out the blog here: http://blog.papercrafterslibrary.com/ If you don’t want to be featured for any reason, please let me know. The post will link back to your blog as well.
    Katherine Elliot recently posted . . . Going DigitalMy Profile

Trackbacks

1. […] Card by Linda McClain, featuring stamps from My Favorite Things, image source Catered Crop […]