Use the talents you possess –
for the woods would be a very silent place if no birds sang except for the best.
~ Henry Van Dyke
It's that wonderful time of the week again when our Top Chefs and Guest Chef get to share their creations using our Catered Crop Follow-the-Recipe #21 (FTR21) recipe. Our inspiration and recipe is provided by the very talented Guest Chef Sarah Engels-Greer.
- Use any of the ingredients (themes, colors, techniques, shapes, etc.) in Sarah's recipe to make your project. You don't have to use all the ingredients or the same brands. Just pick a few ingredients and then add your own spices to cook up something uniquely yours.
- Add your project using the InLinz (froggy) button below and join the party.
- Be sure to list your recipe or tell us what ingredient you used from the sample recipe.
- Don't forget to link back to this post or include the "I Followed the Recipe" button on your blog (see the side bar to the right).
Your FTR21 recipe has so many delectable ingredients.
- Colors – Vintage tones (sepias, gold, cream, muted greens)
- Papers – Design Paper (K&Co), torn book page, doily, paper scraps
- Stamps – flowers, leaves, sentiment
- Color Mediums – Distress inks, Archival ink, Crackle, Viva Gold, cream paint
- Embellishments – ribbon, lace, mini-tag, button, press-studs, thread
- Techniques – stamped resist technique (on bird), stitching, Grunge Rose, sewing, distress
- Tools – Die cuts (bird, cage, flower)
- Themes –Vintage, tag, bird, bird cage
As always, the winning entry gets an "I Baked it Best" button to put on their blog, will be the inspiration for the next challenge and can be a guest Chef for our QuickFire.
There's something about Tammy Thompson's digital stamps that just pluck at my heart strings. They're simple, sweet and poignant. You can tell Tammy puts a little piece of her heart into every illustration.
One very lucky player randomly picked player will win a $12.00 GIFT CERTIFICATE at A DAY FOR DAISIES!
Please remember that winners of the random drawing must claim their prize by the end of the next challenge.
Don't forget to come back and VOTE. We need your help with the tie-breakers. We'll use your votes to help (influence and sway) the Design Team when they choose a winner for the next Party. So, for 24 hours after the challenge ends, the voting buttons will open up.
Just click on the link below to join the Catered Crop party. You have until Thursday, September 29, 8:00 PM EST to join the party. I can't wait to see what you all whip up!